Fuel Filler Flap not sitting flush

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

Mojo wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:39 pm Cap not properly on.
I don't follow ... all you can do is push the cap in and turn clockwise till it clicks. This doesn't solve anything though.

What else did you do :?:
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22

Sark716

Post by Sark716 »

I've just bought a Tucson from a dealer. This car had the filler issue. The garage fixed and told me that Hyundai are about to issue a recall. The issue is that the filler is an inch too long, and over time it pushes the filler cap assembly proud of the bodywork.
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

Sark716 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:33 pm The garage fixed and told me that Hyundai are about to issue a recall. The issue is that the filler is an inch too long, and over time it pushes the filler cap assembly proud of the bodywork.
My car is going in for its 1st service next Friday, with the Fuel Filler flap supposedly being attended to at the same time.

I wonder if the current fix, is the same as that which a Recall would apply? ("Shoving it back in" vs new pipe of the correct length :? ...)
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Well it’s 5 months since I had the filler flap on mine ‘fixed’. It’s back as it was before now, if anything it’s a bit worse.
daibill

Post by daibill »

Mar10 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:32 pm Well it’s 5 months since I had the filler flap on mine ‘fixed’. It’s back as it was before now, if anything it’s a bit worse.
Same here... I noticed on the weekend that it was proud again.. Had "new parts" fitted to mine as well so I was told (!). 2nd service due in 2.5k miles so will raise it then.
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
Al94

Post by Al94 »

daibill wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:07 am
Mar10 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:32 pm Well it’s 5 months since I had the filler flap on mine ‘fixed’. It’s back as it was before now, if anything it’s a bit worse.
Same here... I noticed on the weekend that it was proud again.. Had "new parts" fitted to mine as well so I was told (!). 2nd service due in 2.5k miles so will raise it then.
Good luck with that! My dealer told me in September that Hyundai had told them to stop fitting parts and while sitting proud "it was within acceptable tolerances" and there was nothing more they could do.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
TWPC

Post by TWPC »

Sark716 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:33 pm The garage fixed and told me that Hyundai are about to issue a recall. The issue is that the filler is an inch too long, and over time it pushes the filler cap assembly proud of the bodywork.
Thanks for this, Sark.

My car had the same issue and it was 'fixed' at its first service on Friday. What will happen next...?
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
Amazon Grey
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

TWPC wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:59 am My car had the same issue and it was 'fixed' at its first service on Friday. What will happen next...?
DItto. Was told there was "a bulletin" concerning the fault. Not quite the same as a Recall though - it may well say "fix on customer complaint", like some of the Honda ones do.
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Has anyone tried to trim the actual top of the screw-in cap? My fuel door does sit against the cap but the door is barely out of alignment so I haven’t bothered with it. If it should bother me at some point before the first service is due, I may well perform some surgery to the cap.

Otherwise, I shall enquire, when arranging a date for the service, whether there is an official fix for the issue.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Pcreber

Post by Pcreber »

PhilHornby wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:20 pm
TWPC wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:59 am My car had the same issue and it was 'fixed' at its first service on Friday. What will happen next...?
DItto. Was told there was "a bulletin" concerning the fault. Not quite the same as a Recall though - it may well say "fix on customer complaint", like some of the Honda ones do.
Had my first service last week. Asked for it to be fixed, it is now more flush than its ver been.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post