Led headlights

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

LEDs in the same position get very dirty very quickly.
Poor design choice
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate

SteevieWeevie

Post by SteevieWeevie »

I have an Ultimate trim hybrid and have to say that the LED headlights are one of just a couple of things that I'm really disappointed with about the Tucson. I previously had a Karoq with LED projectors and they were amazing.

So, how about this. In the UK, the only 2 variants for Tucson headlights are halogen, and LED multi-facet reflector (MFR). In other markets, certainly the US, they get projector LEDs on the Tucson. Projectors are better all day long both in terms of their light throw and shape uniformity. Of course, they're more expensive to manufacture. I think the UK market has been done dirty in this regard in that it doesn't matter what you spend on one, you're getting inferior headlights.

It's interesting as well that the system uses a manual levelling control. My two previous LED headlight cars had auto levelling. Another cost saving measure no doubt.

There is some hope for the future in that the Tucson facelift has been shown with the 'intelligent front lighting system' which has matrix LEDs. Who's to say that spec will make it to the UK though?
Tucson Ultimate Hybrid - Shimmering Silver
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Yes, I am very disappointed with the lights in mine. Dip beam is OK, but main beam is useless.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
EJH

Post by EJH »

Coming from a 2016 Tucson with standard halogen projector headlamps, I'm very happy with the current LED lamps. I guess some have been spoilt with previous LED's & Xenons etc, but I'm not one of them 😉😄
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
Berty

Post by Berty »

It popped up on my Tiktolk about LED headlights from this dealership in Ireland. If you'd been on Youtube ever looking up Tucsons you might have seen this guy in a dealership in Laois in Ireland but anyway recently he had a video talking about headlights and using the Tucson as an example.

Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post