Led headlights

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

I had that tonight but beam set correctly think it’s just bright as when I flash them back must blind them

Wanted to ask on lights as well, mine are really white but there is a Tucson near my work and the day lights are like a yellow older fashioned tint ? Is that a different model ? I thought all were same ? Thought was my eyes but seen it a few times now
Last edited by Nashy on Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock

Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

I think the SE Connect models have halogen projectors rather than LED, so this is maybe what you're seeing.
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

IngerzSH wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:52 pm I think the SE Connect models have halogen projectors rather than LED, so this is maybe what you're seeing.
Nice one thought I was going mad lol
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Thanks Ingur - much appreciated.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
woody2shoes

Post by woody2shoes »

The SE connect halogens are rubbish , very yellow, very poor. I had Honda CRV halogens before and they were better.
I would love to upgrade them to LED but I'm told it can't be done!
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

woody2shoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:07 pm The SE connect halogens are rubbish , very yellow, very poor. I had Honda CRV halogens before and they were better.
I would love to upgrade them to LED but I'm told it can't be done!
Have you checked the user manual as changing halogen bulbs, due to failure, should be covered. You certainly can't change the LED headlight 'bulbs' in other Tucson nx4 models as they are not actually bulbs and are LED Units.

A word of warning. LED Headlamp bulbs as a replacement for Halogen are not road legal in the UK so If you were to go that route its at your risk. Alternatives are upgrade to better halogen bulbs. Autoexpress did some tests and they ranked the bulbs below.

Screenshot_20230429_063724_Chrome.jpg

old man

Post by old man »

In the past I have swapped poor performing Hyundai halogen bulbs for better ones - Phillips in my case..
There was certainly a increase in performance, but not as much as I'd hoped, but it was worth what I paid at the time - less than £40 for 4 bulbs.
I believe it's not always just poor bulbs causing a problem, I seem to remember reading that the quality and design of the light housing (reflector) comes into play as well.
There was also talk that aftermarket bulbs could mean an MOT failure, but my car passed fine.
I don't find the LED headlights in my 2022 Tucson anything to write home about. Zenons in previous VAG cars were better.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
woody2shoes

Post by woody2shoes »

Thanks IngerzSH and old man.
I will give replacing the existing halogens for another make, as I said my Hondas were halogen but we're much better, so you are probably correct.

It seems strange because the difference between a halogen & led surely can't be that much to a manufacturer, with the volume they buy. Especially as there's a Murad of complicated LEDs in the daytime running lights!
Berty

Post by Berty »

There would be economies of scale if a manufacturer decided to just use one type of part. Akin to Hyundia and Kia sharing parts and many VAG cars sharing parts.

However they have to kept something separate as well. You can't differentiate between different variants unless there's a difference, visually but also on price. If they all had the same parts then those with less money to spend couldn't afford it. You have to draw the line somewhere so LEDs(front and rear), Leather, Alloys, Electric boot type of choices.

In winter months I can spot the entry level Tucson's when their lights are on. In Ireland the majority have Halogens because the best seller is the entry level and still Irelands best selling car going into its 6th year of holding that accolade.

My last car was a Seat Leon and in Ireland the LEDs were standard on the FR but £1,000 in the UK. They were good headlights.

My recommendation for halogen bulbs are Osram nightbreaker super white. Somewhere between a colour hue of 4300kn and 5000kn whereas standard halogen is 3500kn. Xenon bulbs and LEDs usually reside are 5000kn.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
woody2shoes

Post by woody2shoes »

Just in case people are still reading this post. My 2023 SE Connect has projection Halogen not LEDs.
They are absolutely dire, in fact I would say dangerous. They are ok in the pitch black but in partial lighting or with other cars around they are useless.
Also because the headlights are so low down they catch all the dirt from cars in front, so after say a 30 mile motorway journey they are so bad they are dangerous.
Very bad design just for looks.
Also the tailgate is so high and heavy to lift open.
Either go for the Premium or if you haven't got the budget, another make.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post