Emergency spare wheel

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
old man

Post by old man »

Not a fan of space savers myself, or gunk in a squirty can either and that's why I purchased a proper spare wheel and tyre for my car.
I usually travel through the night when going to a ferry or the Chunnel, so I want to continue my journey as quick as possible if I get a puncture. Each to their own.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

l49

Post by l49 »

Hi Everyone, I have just joined the forum. Waiting for delivery in the next month of my Tucson Ultimate mild hybrid and looking for a space saver spare wheel for peace of mind. I am considering the Road Hero 18" but it seems pricey at £300.
When I had a front wheel flat on my previous vehicle I jacked up the rear and replaced the rear wheel with the space saver spare then jacked up the front end and replaced the flat with the good wheel I had taken off the rear
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

l49 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:32 pm Hi Everyone, I have just joined the forum. Waiting for delivery in the next month of my Tucson Ultimate mild hybrid and looking for a space saver spare wheel for peace of mind. I am considering the Road Hero 18" but it seems pricey at £300.
When I had a front wheel flat on my previous vehicle I jacked up the rear and replaced the rear wheel with the space saver spare then jacked up the front end and replaced the flat with the good wheel I had taken off the rear
I'm sure I've read that the battery in the MHEV is in the boot space and that's why overall capacity drops to 577litres from 620 in the full hybrid (HEV) who's batteries are under the rear seats.

If thats correct then you may have an issue carrying any type of spare. I would check before you order anything. Perhaps a forum user with an MHEV can confirm.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post