6 month wait for a new in stock Tucson. Why?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Skeeling

Post by Skeeling »

I’ve finally decided to take the plunge and buy my first new car. Purchased a Tucson HEV hybrid ultimate with tech pack in engine red ( didn’t want a light/ dark colour as I live in on a farm and light shows the dirt and dark shows the dust🤣) salesman said this was in stock and would be delivered into their show room at the end of January. We could pick it up mid Feb or wait until 1st March and have 23 plate on (which we are doing as it’s only 2 weeks longer). My question is - why does it take so long to come from factory to salesroom if it is already there and built. I’m in no rush for it and a 23 plate will be fine but I was just curious? You’d think they’d want them out and sold as quick as possible. Wasn’t sure where Hyundai factory was based? Thanks. I’m very excited about getting it though☺️

Goof

Post by Goof »

Your car will be made in eithe South Korea or the Czech Republic.
I don't understand the 'its in stock' bit.
But there are delays getting cars feomTilbury docks (where they come into the country) and dealers.
Ordered Ultimate 230 HEV in Dark Knight -28/03/22
Initial delivery estimate 31st Aug 2022
Update (26th May) delivery to dealer on 5th August
Update(9th Jul) delivery to dealer 26th Sept :shock:
Will collect 20 sept
Bigs

Post by Bigs »

We ordered our Tuscon Plug-in end December, initially told it would be with us start of May and we finally picked it up this week.

When it didn't arrive in May we were told the following:
This order is currently in non-plan. It will take 2 weeks to go into plan, further 2 weeks for production. It will then take 4 weeks to reach our Tilbury docks and another 2 weeks to reach the dealership. Dates can fluctuate.

Salesman said if we ordered today there's now a year+ delay on the Plug-ins.
AZ2021

Post by AZ2021 »

The whole process is a joke, and the dealers really know very little in regards to timescales as the factories tell them very little.

I ordered mine in mid Dec, was originally told 6 months, then finally took delivery mid July after it being delivered into the UK the week before. However, in the glovebox was the build sign-off sheet with the 2nd May stated as the build completion date. That means from build completion to it hitting the UK took 9 weeks, madness!
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid, with tech pack.
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Yeah that’s not ‘in stock’. I presume what your dealer means is that you’ve taken over an order that they’d already placed. A few of us did the same thing. I ordered mine in March and collected in June, which compared to many is quite quick. The dealer had made the order in November though, I was just lucky that the model/spec/colour that I wanted was the same as the order they’d placed.
XADE

Post by XADE »

I've read some countries being told 12-18months so hopefully you're lucky. A friend of mine in the UK is still waiting for a Sportage (Kia) and will be a 9 month wait.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Philr

Post by Philr »

I ordered mine in Feb and picked it up in May but again the dealer had ordered it as stock and it was the colour/spec we wanted.
When we first went to have a look/test drive the sales guys opening remark was that if we ordered today it would be at least 6 months delivery maybe more depending on spec etc.
I asked if they order for stock and he said yes but unless the dealer can put an end user name on an order then their orders for stock are pushed to the back of the queue. So he could put my name on the order,which had been in place since the previous October I believe, and it kept it's place in the queue.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
ClassicPete

Post by ClassicPete »

The delays in production can be put down, in part, to the world-wide semi-conductor shortage. All modern cars have loads of computers (semi-conductors) to control the electrical components. As an example of how this can affect cars MG have now deleted the panoramic sun roof on their HS Exclusive model as it is one less semi-conductor they need to install. Hyundai, based in South Korea will be in a better situation than most as that country is also the centre of semi-conductor manufacture. At least the situation is improving, so order to delivery times should start to come down.
2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid 230 Amazon Grey/Moss Grey trim
1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 of 505
1973 Semi-works Austin Allegro Rally Car
Tucson Ordered 9/8/22
Arrived Tilbury 21/12/22
Collected 27/1/23
Beards

Post by Beards »

ClassicPete wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:00 am The delays in production can be put down, in part, to the world-wide semi-conductor shortage. All modern cars have loads of computers (semi-conductors) to control the electrical components. As an example of how this can affect cars MG have now deleted the panoramic sun roof on their HS Exclusive model as it is one less semi-conductor they need to install. Hyundai, based in South Korea will be in a better situation than most as that country is also the centre of semi-conductor manufacture. At least the situation is improving, so order to delivery times should start to come down.
Peugeot went even further on their 3008 line. The top end GT Premium had a ton of semi-conductors pulled and people (myself one of) complained why they were still being charged the same price for less!
Some of those removed were Auto Boot, Camera Sensors, Sunroof, Parking Sensors and a bucket load for entertainment…..
In the end Peugeot received that many complaints they simply pulled the GT Premium from their list.

For me…. I simply walked across the road to Hyundai and found the perfect replacement… with even more toys. 👍
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
VB32

Post by VB32 »

Been quoted 8-9 months to order new Tucson Hybrid, same for most models in range - from several dealerships. Anyone been quoted this but actually delivery as been sooner (not a deal pre order) thank you.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post