Stepladders in the boot

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Deleted User 758

Post by Deleted User 758 »

I have to carry steps around. I can only get them diagonally in my Octavia. Pictures I've seen of the Tuscon boot suggest its wider in parts. Specifically behind the rear seats. Anyone got a set of three step folding ladders? This sort of thing https://www.ladderstore.com/atlas-platf ... r-3-tread Mine are 115cms when closed but I think you can only get them around 120 to 130 closed size now (and I need a new pair). What's the width of the boot across the wheel arch. I'd place them up against the seats and hold them with bungees using the tie downs on the seats. If that makes sence!

old man

Post by old man »

Davie Scotland wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:50 am I have to carry steps around. I can only get them diagonally in my Octavia. Pictures I've seen of the Tuscon boot suggest its wider in parts. Specifically behind the rear seats. Anyone got a set of three step folding ladders? This sort of thing https://www.ladderstore.com/atlas-platf ... r-3-tread Mine are 115cms when closed but I think you can only get them around 120 to 130 closed size now (and I need a new pair). What's the width of the boot across the wheel arch. I'd place them up against the seats and hold them with bungees using the tie downs on the seats. If that makes sense!
I have a similar set of steps that measure 1170 mm when closed. They will fit in the boot crossways - I just tried it :D
The other option you have is to fold down the centre section of the rear seat squabs if 3 seats aren't occupied
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Deleted User 758

old man wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:50 am have a similar set of steps that measure 1170 mm when closed. They will fit in the boot crossways - I just tried it :D
Can I ask where in the boot they fit. Right up against the back seats or near the tailgate?

I can place mine across the boot right by the tailgate where its at its widest. But that gets in the way for getting other stuff in and out when you don't need the steps. I'd like to store them right up against the back seats if poss.
old man

Post by old man »

Davie Scotland wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:50 pm
old man wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:50 am have a similar set of steps that measure 1170 mm when closed. They will fit in the boot crossways - I just tried it :D
Can I ask where in the boot they fit. Right up against the back seats or near the tailgate?

I can place mine across the boot right by the tailgate where its at its widest. But that gets in the way for getting other stuff in and out when you don't need the steps. I'd like to store them right up against the back seats if poss.
I had mine just behind the back seats. You might have to have one end raised a little where the wheelarches intrude.
I can take a pic if you need it.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Deleted User 758

old man wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:06 pm I had mine just behind the back seats. You might have to have one end raised a little where the wheelarches intrude.
I can take a pic if you need it.
That's exactly what I imagined, many thanks. No need for a picture just yet, I'll be imposing more before long! :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post