Can sunroof be closed remotely?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

As per title. A few times we have left the car parked with the sunroof open only to get the Bluelink message that the alarm has been triggered. Can the sunroof be closed using bluelink app or the key fob?

daibill

Post by daibill »

I don't have a sunroof but i left windows open yesterday to cool the car and held the lock button in to remotely close the windows. I assume the sunroof would close in the same way.
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

No, the sunroof cannot be opened/closed via key fob.
(It would be great if it could be at least closed though)
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

daibill wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:39 am I don't have a sunroof but i left windows open yesterday to cool the car and held the lock button in to remotely close the windows. I assume the sunroof would close in the same way.
Unfortunately not…..but it’s handy for the windows 👍
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

richarde wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:11 am No, the sunroof cannot be opened/closed via key fob.
Thanks. Any idea if it can be done through the app? There is a window setting there but doesn’t seem to cover the sunroof. I wish there was a reminder. Not to worry, just have to get into the habit of an end of drive check 😂
old man

Post by old man »

AnnE13 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:41 am
richarde wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:11 am No, the sunroof cannot be opened/closed via key fob.
Thanks. Any idea if it can be done through the app? There is a window setting there but doesn’t seem to cover the sunroof. I wish there was a reminder. Not to worry, just have to get into the habit of an end of drive check 😂
If you leave your sunroof open the car alarm will sound after a short while and this will show in the Bluelink app. You have to adjust the app and your phone settings so that you get an audible alarm, if you haven't already. It took me a while and I had to ask questions here to learn how to set this up.
Trouble is, the car alarm isn't very loud and doesn't sound immediately after locking the car, so I suggest that you turn up the alarm volume on your phone so you hear it before you've walked a long way from your car.
Be aware - if the sunroof is cracked open just a little, it will NOT activate the alarm, not on my car anyway. You might want to experiment with your own car to see how far the roof needs to be open to activate the alarm.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

In addition, when exiting the car, there is both an audible bong, and an in cluster graphic that shows that the roof is not closed.

Plus the Bluelink app is not that feature rich. At least on the N Line S, you can’t close the windows/roof using it. It will just show the status of the car.
XADE

Post by XADE »

I don't even think you can do it using the built in voice assistant? Or she just doesn't recognise my accent..
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post