230 N Line S Faulty fuel gauge.

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Oli40

Post by Oli40 »

I’ve had my car 4 months now and every time I’ve filled it up it only registers 3/4 full.
I’ve taken it back to the dealer and they have said it’s to do with float and sensor in the tank and it’s on a recall but they have know idea when this will be as they haven’t even made the part, has anyone else had this problem.

terryp

Post by terryp »

Not sure what version you have.
If you can't get an accurate reading from the fuel gauge, maybe you can use the reading that gives the distance to empty on the dashboard.
Depending on your use, it should show about 470+ miles when you have full tank if you have a hybrid like mine.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
Oli40

Post by Oli40 »

Mines a hybrid and it only shows 336miles 😟
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

That would make sense if the fuel float isn't reading full when the tank is filled up. Take it back and get it sorted.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
terryp

Post by terryp »

Have a look at the thread started by Jimmc under "Fuel Gauge" who has a similar problem. It may be worth staying in touch with each other to see who makes the best progress and if both dealers are handing out the same story.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
Oli40

Post by Oli40 »

Thanks Terry,

I have just sent a personal message.
Redone

Post by Redone »

Hi guys
Sorry I never followed this up I took my car
Back to the dealers they had it one hour and said to me that it was wired up wrong in the factory and they had sorted it it the shoes around 500 on a full tank and I have always kept it full never let it go below half
I am currently on holiday in Scotland
My journey was 278 miles and it showed half a tank left and 260miles on the digital readout I have drove another 150miles and the tank is still registering half with 230 miles on read out
So I go into the garage today to fill up again it took 48 litres so that tells me there is still a problem and the dealer did not know what he was doing
I will be back there next week to try and get it sorted
Jim
Novocastrian

Post by Novocastrian »

Redone » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:25 pm

How did you get on with the dealer when you went back?
Redone

Post by Redone »

Guys
Car going back in today I will keep you updated on the progress fuel gauge now stuck on half a tank and count down clock is stuck on 240 miles yet I have drove 430miles on this full tank it's not that good on fuel 😳
Redone

Post by Redone »

Guys
Took car back yesterday and they say
That the sensor was stuck they have
Not put a new one in but they say that it is now working
I have filled the tank 498 miles on the count down so now we are going to drive it until the fuel warning light comes on if it works
I will keep you updated
Jim

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post