Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Auto

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

I've managed to get my hands on a Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Auto Dongle, from Amazon US, so I don't need to connect a cable to my phone to get Android Auto anymore. It took a bit of setting up, which I think is more to do with my phone than the dongle.

One thing I've noticed, is that when android auto is running wirelessly in my car, and my phone is on the car charging pad, the wireless charging doesn't seem to activate. Does anyone else have one of these dongles and have a similar story, or does your phone charge as it should?
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack in Phantom Black.

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

You can turn wireless charging off in one of the options. Have you checked that?

I've had my phone plugged in on Android auto and my wife's iPhone sat there wirelessly charging at the same time.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

I have a similar Dongle but iPhone and when I’m using the it wirelessly it disconnects from the wireless charging pad and the reason is the phone over heats and gets hot because it’s connecting wirelessly through the dongle and there must be a safety setting in the car to disconnect. So it’s normal for this to happen
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
XADE

Post by XADE »

Can't comment on the issue to be honest.. but just wondering how you find it in general? I am considering something like this as I cannot stand wires, and plugging it in all the time is a bit of a faff!

I just know as soon as I buy it Hyundai will update the software..
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

joolstdi wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:39 am I have a similar Dongle but iPhone and when I’m using the it wirelessly it disconnects from the wireless charging pad and the reason is the phone over heats and gets hot because it’s connecting wirelessly through the dongle and there must be a safety setting in the car to disconnect. So it’s normal for this to happen
Ah, that makes sense, but kind of makes the dongle pointless then if I still have to plug the phone in anyway to charge.
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

XADE wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:48 am Can't comment on the issue to be honest.. but just wondering how you find it in general? I am considering something like this as I cannot stand wires, and plugging it in all the time is a bit of a faff!

I struggled to get it connected on my phone at first, even to the point where I was beginning to think it was faulty. Then I tried my wife's phone and it connected immediately, so I think the issue is with my phone. I did get it working eventually on my phone, but it does drop out every now and then. I'm using a Pixel 6 Pro.

I'm hoping they update the car to wireless AA too, as they have it in other regions. If they do, then I'll use the dongle when I travel abroad for work and use it in hire cars.
XADE

Post by XADE »

WMiller wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:14 am
XADE wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:48 am Can't comment on the issue to be honest.. but just wondering how you find it in general? I am considering something like this as I cannot stand wires, and plugging it in all the time is a bit of a faff!

I struggled to get it connected on my phone at first, even to the point where I was beginning to think it was faulty. Then I tried my wife's phone and it connected immediately, so I think the issue is with my phone. I did get it working eventually on my phone, but it does drop out every now and then. I'm using a Pixel 6 Pro.

I'm hoping they update the car to wireless AA too, as they have it in other regions. If they do, then I'll use the dongle when I travel abroad for work and use it in hire cars.
I didn't realise it was working in other regions, so that's encouraging.
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Where have you seen wireless AA and carplay available on the 10.25 inch system in other regions? Perhaps you are referring to the smaller 8 inch system that does not have navigation but we don't get in UK as that definitely has wireless AA and Carplay. I thought that a software update for the 10.25 system was not enough and it needed some additional hardware, I guess similar to the dongle in this thread. I will watch with interest.
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

IngerzSH wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:03 am Where have you seen wireless AA and carplay available on the 10.25 inch system in other regions? Perhaps you are referring to the smaller 8 inch system that does not have navigation but we don't get in UK as that definitely has wireless AA and Carplay. I thought that a software update for the 10.25 system was not enough and it needed some additional hardware, I guess similar to the dongle in this thread. I will watch with interest.
I'm pretty sure I read that the US Tucson has wireless AA, I'm not sure about the screen size, I just assumed it would be on the 10.25 screen.

I just did another quick search and found this from a US dealership:
https://www.stocktonhyundai.com/blog/wh ... ssess/amp/
XADE

Post by XADE »

WMiller wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:07 pm I've managed to get my hands on a Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Auto Dongle, from Amazon US, so I don't need to connect a cable to my phone to get Android Auto anymore. It took a bit of setting up, which I think is more to do with my phone than the dongle.

One thing I've noticed, is that when android auto is running wirelessly in my car, and my phone is on the car charging pad, the wireless charging doesn't seem to activate. Does anyone else have one of these dongles and have a similar story, or does your phone charge as it should?
Any chance you can post a pic of it fitted? I would like to hide it as much as possible, and can't find any pics of it on Tucson. Don't really want to replace a usb cable with another where the charging pad sits if possible.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post