Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Auto

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

XADE wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:51 pm
WMiller wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:07 pm I've managed to get my hands on a Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Auto Dongle, from Amazon US, so I don't need to connect a cable to my phone to get Android Auto anymore. It took a bit of setting up, which I think is more to do with my phone than the dongle.

One thing I've noticed, is that when android auto is running wirelessly in my car, and my phone is on the car charging pad, the wireless charging doesn't seem to activate. Does anyone else have one of these dongles and have a similar story, or does your phone charge as it should?
Any chance you can post a pic of it fitted? I would like to hide it as much as possible, and can't find any pics of it on Tucson. Don't really want to replace a usb cable with another where the charging pad sits if possible.
I'm working away at the moment, so can't post a pic, sorry. The dongle comes with a sticky pad, so I've stuck it to the side wall to the left of the USB port. It doesn't obstruct the charging pad at all. In fact, it only takes up a 1cm from the sidewall.
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack in Phantom Black.

XADE

Post by XADE »

WMiller wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:52 pm
XADE wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:51 pm
WMiller wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:07 pm I've managed to get my hands on a Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Auto Dongle, from Amazon US, so I don't need to connect a cable to my phone to get Android Auto anymore. It took a bit of setting up, which I think is more to do with my phone than the dongle.

One thing I've noticed, is that when android auto is running wirelessly in my car, and my phone is on the car charging pad, the wireless charging doesn't seem to activate. Does anyone else have one of these dongles and have a similar story, or does your phone charge as it should?
Any chance you can post a pic of it fitted? I would like to hide it as much as possible, and can't find any pics of it on Tucson. Don't really want to replace a usb cable with another where the charging pad sits if possible.
I'm working away at the moment, so can't post a pic, sorry. The dongle comes with a sticky pad, so I've stuck it to the side wall to the left of the USB port. It doesn't obstruct the charging pad at all. In fact, it only takes up a 1cm from the sidewall.
Sounds perfect, appreciated.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

What system are you using iPhone or android?
As I have the iPhone system Dongle
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

joolstdi wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:28 am What system are you using iPhone or android?
As I have the iPhone system Dongle
I bought the Motorola MA1 dongle. It only works for wireless Android Auto as far as I know.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi all this is the set up that I have for my iPhone.
First is the photo of the dongle and then the sequence that it goes through together wireless CarPlay.
this takes around 20-30 seconds.
I put a 6mm number plate sticker from Halfords on the back of it to stick there on the side.

IMG_4480.jpeg

IMG_4479.jpeg

IMG_4476.jpeg

IMG_4477.jpeg

IMG_4478.jpeg

Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

Your setup is very similar to the Motorola dongle I'm using, except the AA dongle is circular.

It also take 20-30 seconds to connect when starting the car, but there is no loading screen, just a little notification bar at the top saying it's connecting before it automatically switches into Android Auto.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

joolstdi wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:09 pm Hi all this is the set up that I have for my iPhone.
First is the photo of the dongle and then the sequence that it goes through together wireless CarPlay.
I put a 6mm number plate sticker from Halfords on the back of it to stick there on the side.

IMG_4480.jpegIMG_4479.jpegIMG_4476.jpegIMG_4477.jpegIMG_4478.jpeg
Hi just replying to a message to repost phots

Cheers
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
EJH

Post by EJH »

joolstdi wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:09 pm Hi all this is the set up that I have for my iPhone.

IMG_4480.jpegIMG_4479.jpegIMG_4476.jpegIMG_4477.jpegIMG_4478.jpeg
Nice & neat Joel's. My AndroidAuto arrives today. I'm after a similar finish to yours. Semi fixed and out if the way.
Can you confirm your phone still wirelessly charges whilst using the MA-1?
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
EJH

Post by EJH »

*Jools fgs!
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
EJH