HEV economy

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
simonb82

Post by simonb82 »

I am looking at a new Tucson HEV and wondering my what sort of economy people are getting? My commute is an 80 mile round trip, half motorway then the other half 50mph but with a lot of heavy traffic

mah006

Post by mah006 »

I have had mine since March & done nearly 4k miles & i travel across S Wales daily on a mixture of roads & i am getting 48mpg but i rarely speed & quite light on the throttle so the EV kicks in as much as possible
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

I have done 1750 miles so far on a mixture of roads and my average mpg has been steadily improving and is now 49.2. I have been driving gently and find on motorways that the mpg falls off quickly as soon as you exceed high 60s mph. On local and minor roads I often achieve mid to high 50s. You quickly learn how to maximise use of the green EV indicator which will determine the optimum fuel efficiency. Bottom line - if you drive sensibly with a light right foot you should achieve excellent mpg. Problem is that the 230 HEV is capable of terrific acceleration as well and so from time to time you have to enjoy yourself!
roadster

Post by roadster »

49 mpg would be very hard to beat in a vehicle as capacious and comfortable as this. If you have the option to charge without cost at work the plug in could be better, but otherwise I suspect you would not see a financial benefit considering the up-front purchase price even at 20,000 miles per year. Like most vehicles the fuel economy will suffer during the winter months and it doesn't seem that pump prices will do anything but continue to rise.
Tucson PHEV Premium
Al94

Post by Al94 »

Wychwood wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:30 pm I have done 1750 miles so far on a mixture of roads and my average mpg has been steadily improving and is now 49.2. I have been driving gently and find on motorways that the mpg falls off quickly as soon as you exceed high 60s mph. On local and minor roads I often achieve mid to high 50s. You quickly learn how to maximise use of the green EV indicator which will determine the optimum fuel efficiency. Bottom line - if you drive sensibly with a light right foot you should achieve excellent mpg. Problem is that the 230 HEV is capable of terrific acceleration as well and so from time to time you have to enjoy yourself!
Agree with every word of that.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
xtrailman

Post by xtrailman »

mah006 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:04 pm I have had mine since March & done nearly 4k miles & i travel across S Wales daily on a mixture of roads & i am getting 48mpg but i rarely speed & quite light on the throttle so the EV kicks in as much as possible
just like to point out your car is 226bhp or 230ps...
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Mine is still getting better. Overall (since I bought the car) it's now 44.7. Today, I did my normal journey down the motorway to my Dads and back. Cruising at just under 70 (which was what most of the traffic was doing), I got 49.7 on the way down and 52.6 on the way back up. Not sure why the difference but I'm happy with it all.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
D Jones

Post by D Jones »

Hi
Mileage: 4,400

I have been getting on average 49 - 51.
Best journey 15 miles and an average of 89 - 95.

I have a Tucson Ultimate with a Tech Pack.
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

I have had my ultimate with Tech pack just over a year with about 7k on the clock, when I first got it it was doing 50 plus mpg on various driving bearing in mind new car light on the right foot, winter came along and it dropped to 47 mpg still not bad and stayed there a long time, but as the weather has got warmer it is slowly climbing 49.1 mpg at present and the right foot might now have a bit more lead in it plus a bit of sport mode.
simonb82

Post by simonb82 »

Wychwood wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:30 pm I have done 1750 miles so far on a mixture of roads and my average mpg has been steadily improving and is now 49.2. I have been driving gently and find on motorways that the mpg falls off quickly as soon as you exceed high 60s mph. On local and minor roads I often achieve mid to high 50s. You quickly learn how to maximise use of the green EV indicator which will determine the optimum fuel efficiency. Bottom line - if you drive sensibly with a light right foot you should achieve excellent mpg. Problem is that the 230 HEV is capable of terrific acceleration as well and so from time to time you have to enjoy yourself!
That’s good to see you can get some good economy. When you say it drops off if you exceed high 60s how badly does it drop off?

How are you finding the car? How is the gearbox? I can’t seem to find anything that says if the hybrid is a standard torque converter or a DCT

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post