First Impressions after 2 weeks

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

After taking delivery of my beastie (Ultimate, in Dark Knight w tech pack) and taking it away for 2 week holiday (Scotland & Northumbria) I thought I'd post my first impressions. I'm also comparing to my previous car which was a top-end Peugeot 2008 GT. I've split the impressions it to things I had to adjust to, Bad, good and plain weird:

Adjust: Brake pedal significantly higher than the accelerator pedal
Adjust: Does not detect ‘national speed limit applies’ after road works zone exit so you have to change it manually
Adjust: Had to adjust speaker outputs levels for everything
Adjust: Hard-edge on center console makes it painful against the thigh
Adjust: Proximity car warnings are on the mirrors and not the dashboard making them less visible
Adjust: Quite a few safety features (HDA etc) had to be turned on to get the best out of the car
Adjust: ‘Lean back’ gap between rear seats and boot space - means you have to be careful loading the boot re visibility of items stowed

Bad: A location using the GPS position can't be added to faves if you are on an unnamed road using Bluelink
Bad: Trips occasionally recorded when the car had not been driven that day
Bad: SatNav can go 'rouge' and route you in circles on occasion.

Good: Air con diffuse works beautifully
Good: All around view superb for reverse parking
Good: Bluelink great for double checking the car is locked
Good: Cockpit display easier to read than 2008
Good: Front view cameras for parking
Good: Great having individual tyre pressure readings and not having to do a manual reset after changing pressure
Good: Loads of boot space
Good: Love seat movement for driver on entering the car
Good: Own photo user profile image is cool
Good: Sat nav navigation does resume after a stop off
Good: Speed limiter does prompt to change limit when speed limit changes. Annoying though that you only get an icon chance and the arrows when the limit changes, and a beep once you change the limit. It needs a beep to draw your attention to the fact the limit has changed.
Good: Very smooth over speed ramps
Good: Wider screen sat nav than 2008

Weird: ‘Turn part left / right' is a strange sat nav instruction

Generally enjoying the car though, no regrets at all.
Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue

Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Interesting that you mention the brake pedal being significantly higher than the accelerator, I was just thinking about that today and wondering if I was a fussy driver. I’d love to be able to position the pedals exactly where I’d like them!
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

I'm glad it's not just me :) I have adjusted now to it but yeah it was a noticeable difference. MInd you it did prevent me putting my foot on the wrong peddle initially so maybe that is the reason behind it?
Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue