Panel fitment

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Hi All, I wanted to sense check this issue with other Tucson owners and see whether there is, in fact, an issue or I'm being picky.

I picked up my N-line S hybrid Tucson a week ago and so far I'm really happy with everything, apart from one little niggle relating to the panel fitting around the rear wheels. To be more specific it's the plastic wheel arch section that is mounted to the rear doors and opens with them. The section that is body coloured on the N-line but is black plastic on other models.

I've tried to illustrate the concerns below. Basically the left rear door arch section isn't tight up to the rest of the door at the top, whereas the right rear door is a tight fit at the top. The right rear door however has a slight gap lower down.

Left door

IMG_6236 2 copy.jpg

Right door for comparison

IMG_6237.jpg

Right door lower down

IMG_6238 copy.jpg

Left door lower down for comparison

IMG_6239.jpg

I'm not sure that I would have noticed had it been the other models with the black trim, but when it's all the same colour it seems like it should all be more seamless.

So, what does anyone think? How is your car in comparison? I'm not sure that I can be bothered with going back to the dealer (we have a lot going on at the moment) but if it's clearly not right then I will get in touch with them.

old man

Post by old man »

Both of mine are a nice even fit all the way round, but I think mine wouldn't be as noticeable as yours as my car is black.
Looks like yours slipped through QC unnoticed.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

It is definitely worth mentioning to your dealer, and it’s hopefully an easy fix for them.

Mine had a loose panel (the strip that runs right below the boot window), which my dealer fixed while I waited.
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Thanks for the responses guys. It seems like these panels are clipped on so hopefully an easy fix for them.

Do you think it’s a good idea to email the photos or just call up and book it in?
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

All depends on the dealer. With mine, it was actually easier to show them.
EJH

Post by EJH »

Looks to me that it isn't sitting in the clip properly, if at all. Quick visit to your dealer should get that resolved if they've a bodyshop or tech in the workshop with body panel fitting experience.
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

I forgot that I'd posted about this. It was all sorted quickly a while ago. I contacted the dealer, sent some pictures and had it booked in. I had to wait 3 weeks for the booking as they were so busy. When I took it in they had it all sorted in about 20 mins. Not even enough time to finish my cup of coffee!!

Really glad I got it sorted, it was the only little niggle that I had about the car and now it's nice to know that it's all as it should be.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post