2 Months & 2,000 Miles

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
_Itsjustlewis

Post by _Itsjustlewis »

Hi all,

I thought I'd share an update with you on my first couple of months living with my Tucson. I have a 12,000 mile p/a limit (48,000 over 4 years) and glad I paid for that given the mileage I've racked up already!

Spec: Premium
Engine: 1.6 Petrol (non-hybrid)
Colour: Dark Knight Grey

The Good:

Space - A large boot and rear space are a real plus. It never fails to surprise me how much room a toddler can take up.
Consumption - This is slowly improving over time, averaging around 38mpg which for mostly short journeys in a heavy petrol car, isn't the end of the world.
Heated Seats - Magical getting a warm bum on those cold mornings.
Blind Spot Monitoring - I've never had this before and it's come in handy, but maybe I'm just easily impressed.
Storage - Tonnes of space.
Looks - She's a beauty.

The Bad:

Active Lane Assist - Echoing what many have said on here in that it's a pain in the backside, and turning it off is the first thing I do.
Auto Hold - Having to switch this on each time I start the engine is pretty annoying to me. My last few cars have had it on by default.
Rear Window Wiper - A minor issue, but it's a bit pants isn't it?
The Ride - A bit choppier than I'd hoped and seems a bit unsure at times. Still, it's a better than my old hatchback.
Wireless Android Auto - I knew this when getting the car so can't moan too much, but I always feel like I'm being punished for not being an iPhone user.

The Ugly:

Infotainment - Dust and fingerprints EVERYWHERE. Always keep a microfibre cloth handy!

The lists above might not seem like it, but I do love the car! I was sold on the looks straight away and most of the bad points are relatively minor, and could potentially be fixed with updates.

Hej

Post by Hej »

Agree with the lane assist, poor handling when this is on, almost dangerous to drive. I always switch this feature off when I start up the car.
Ram man

Post by Ram man »

My mpg is slowly getting better too was 43 and I was happy with that, it’s now 47.8 at 2000 miles, lots of short journeys and the odd long one.
One little niggle, sometimes the handbrake won’t release if the seatbelt isn’t connected, maybe a safety feature?
Loving the car so far though and very impressed with Portsmouth Hyundai as they still phone to see if we are happy!
old man

Post by old man »

One little niggle, sometimes the handbrake won’t release if the seatbelt isn’t connected, maybe a safety feature?
Yes it is. It was the same on a previous Santa Fe, which was really aggravating when hitching up a caravan until I learned to plug in the seatbelt before I got into my set.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
madowl

Post by madowl »

Don't really get this complaint about active lane assist. I don't find it dangerous at all as it is only a little nudge .
I know the autohold is a preference but again I only use it when in stop start traffic, much prefer the car in creep mode.
Sometimes it is just what you are used to.
old man

Post by old man »

madowl wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:11 pm Don't really get this complaint about active lane assist. I don't find it dangerous at all as it is only a little nudge .
I know the autohold is a preference but again I only use it when in stop start traffic, much prefer the car in creep mode.
Sometimes it is just what you are used to.
You would understand it more if you had it tug you quite violently towards a deep water filled rhyme on a narrow country road.
Further than that, when that strong tug catches you unawares, it's a natural reaction to fight it and try and steer the opposite way which can have you in a rhyme on the opposite side of the lane.
It may or may not be beneficial on wider roads and motorways, but I wouldn't know because I always turn the bloody thing off.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Firstly, it doesn't operate under 40mph. Secondly, it needs white lines to operate. A narrow country road shouldn't make it come on. Thirdly, it isn't a 'strong' tug. Lastly, like you, I turn it off most of the time.

I don't use autohold either. I find if I am on a slight incline, the car moves back a tad before the engine engages. If I use the handbrake, it disengages when the car is trying to move forward so, it doesn't go back at all.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
old man

Post by old man »

A narrow country road shouldn't make it come on
Thirdly, it isn't a 'strong' tug
I beg to differ on both of those points.
roadster

Post by roadster »

old man wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:09 am
A narrow country road shouldn't make it come on
Thirdly, it isn't a 'strong' tug
I beg to differ on both of those points.
So do I!
Tucson PHEV Premium
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Fair enough. I can only give my personal experience.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post