Dealers moving goalposts

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

terryp wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:02 am I part exchanged my 2 year old Renault and the Broker said that if I were to PX in January he would offer 20k but as the car was due in March he couldn't hold the price and it would then be £19k.
When a car became available at the end if January I negotiated 19.8k which he agreed.
I don't think second hand cars are depreciating very quickly at the moment (if at all in some cases) and it will pay to shop around. After 2 years my Renault was worth only 2.5k less than I paid for it.
That's interesting. I'm also PX'ing a Renault, it does seem that second hand prices are beginning to drop a little, as I checked with Webuyanycar in Jan because different people were telling me at the time that they were giving the best prices, and now they're offering 3k less.

I'm going to try and hold the dealer to the price we agreed in January, and see how close I can get.
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack in Phantom Black.

old man

Post by old man »

WMiller wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:24 am
terryp wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:02 am I part exchanged my 2 year old Renault and the Broker said that if I were to PX in January he would offer 20k but as the car was due in March he couldn't hold the price and it would then be £19k.
When a car became available at the end if January I negotiated 19.8k which he agreed.
I don't think second hand cars are depreciating very quickly at the moment (if at all in some cases) and it will pay to shop around. After 2 years my Renault was worth only 2.5k less than I paid for it.
That's interesting. I'm also PX'ing a Renault, it does seem that second hand prices are beginning to drop a little, as I checked with Webuyanycar in Jan because different people were telling me at the time that they were giving the best prices, and now they're offering 3k less.

I'm going to try and hold the dealer to the price we agreed in January, and see how close I can get.
Put your car details into MOTORWAY. I sold my last car through them before buying my Tucson. I got approx £1700 more from them than I was offered in PX and at the time they bettered all the other internet car buyers that I tried. When they told me what I could expect to be paid for my car I was dubious, but they came up trumps and it sold the same day they advertised it with their list of dealers.
Things may have changed since February when I sold my car, but it's worth a try.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

old man wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:19 am
WMiller wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:24 am

Put your car details into MOTORWAY. I sold my last car through them before buying my Tucson. I got approx £1700 more from them than I was offered in PX and at the time they bettered all the other internet car buyers that I tried. When they told me what I could expect to be paid for my car I was dubious, but they came up trumps and it sold the same day they advertised it with their list of dealers.
Things may have changed since February when I sold my car, but it's worth a try.
Thanks Old Man, I'll give that a try and see what they come up with.
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack in Phantom Black.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post