Interior Cleaning

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
_Itsjustlewis

Post by _Itsjustlewis »

Hi all,

Any tips on cleaning the interior? Predominantly talking about the dash here.

I knew it would be a total dust magnetic but any useful tips on things you've tried or would avoid?

Cheers

old man

Post by old man »

I don't believe there's anything that will prevent dust and fingerprints settling on the inside of our cars and the latest type of materials used seem to attract them more than ever - or is that my imagination ?
I don't like the idea of using any untried products on any of the dash and centre console area, so I always carry a couple of decent microfiber cloths in the car and remove dust and fingerprints with those when necessary.
I did try a product on the infotainment screen a while back that claimed to prevent dust clinging to it, needless to say it didn't work so I'm sticking with microfiber cloths.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
terryp

Post by terryp »

On this subject, has anyone ideas for removing fingerprints from the infotainment screen?
Every single touch leaves a print which shows up when the screen is off. And that's before I swipe to get to the next icon.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
old man

Post by old man »

terryp wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:16 pm On this subject, has anyone ideas for removing fingerprints from the infotainment screen?
Every single touch leaves a print which shows up when the screen is off. And that's before I swipe to get to the next icon.
With reference to my previous post, a good quality, soft microfiber cloth will remove fingerprints easily with just a little pressure.
Keep a cloth in your car specifically for this purpose as you don't want any grit getting into the cloth.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
daibill

Post by daibill »

I use glass cleaner sprayed onto a microfiber which I carry in the glove box. The glass cleaner breaks down the oils instead of smearing them about. Use Geyon interior detailer for the rest..
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
SteevieWeevie

Post by SteevieWeevie »

I’ve found a super fluffy microfibre mitt really good for the infotainment panel and driving cluster. Definitely dust magnets.
Tucson Ultimate Hybrid - Shimmering Silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post