Leasing timescales

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
PRM1R

Post by PRM1R »

Hi all
Just wondering if anyone else in a similar situation to me and the options available.
In April I completed an order to lease a Tucson Ultimate HEV. I requested November/December 2022 delivery. I ordered well in advance due to the delays being experienced. The lease company advised this won't be a problem and even added December delivery to the 'additional request' part of the form.
Since then I have been receiving weekly updates on delivery estimate which now shows mid August .
My current PCH doesn't end until December so I definitely do not need the Tucson any earlier as it will overlap with my other car costing me £££.
I have told the lease company this and they won't confirm the car will be delivered after November but also that estimate isnt accurate (but surely not 3 months different)
I have leased several times before but never been in this situation.
I seem to be in a different position to everyone else on here in that they want there car ASAP and I don't lol.
Ultimate Hybrid 230 in Teal, Moss Grey Interior.

Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

It seems that most orders are taking around 7 months to come through at the moment so I would say that ordering in April for November/December sounds about right.
Lots of people seem to have been given optimistic delivery dates at first only to have them pushed back. In April my May 27th delivery was brought forward to May 1st which I thought must be accurate as it was only a few weeks away. That soon got pushed back to arrival in the UK in the first week of June. That's only a week away now too but I haven't heard anything.

I reckon you're more likely to be worrying over the gap between you current lease ending and your new car arriving than it coming too soon!!
Wobnair

Post by Wobnair »

I ordered a lease N line hybrid on the 5th of May and was given the 27th of October as estimated delivery date so that's as near as 7 months. No update as yet.
A N line hybrid in dark night grey. Ordered on the 5th of May for delivery in October. :roll:
Novocastrian

Post by Novocastrian »

I ordered my Tucson Ultimate in December 2021 on a promise of three months delivery. Like most dealerships the average actual delay turned out to be six months. I lease with Hyundai themselves and they were happy to extend the existing lease on my previous Tucson to cover the additional delay.
PRM1R

Post by PRM1R »

I am now being told mid October for delivery, which suits me better than the August date they originally quoted.
Ultimate Hybrid 230 in Teal, Moss Grey Interior.
Wobnair

Post by Wobnair »

PRM1R wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:40 pm I am now being told mid October for delivery, which suits me better than the August date they originally quoted.
I ordered mine on the 5th of May and I've been told the 22nd of October so they will probably be on the same boat hopefully ⛴️
A N line hybrid in dark night grey. Ordered on the 5th of May for delivery in October. :roll:
NigeB

Post by NigeB »

I ordered mine (Ultimate HEV) on lease on 1st Apr. Was available for delivery mid Aug but delayed by me until this Thursday 16th Sept.
2022 Ultimate Hybrid in Serenity White and MX5 RF for when the sun shines. 🌞