Change the smart key battery

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Philr

Post by Philr »

Before I destroy one my keys how do you change the battery in the key fob?

Phil
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV

old man

Post by old man »

Mine is the 3 button key. Place fob on table with backside of fob facing up. Press in the little black button you can see there and whilst keeping it pressed in, pull out the actual key from the fob.
Once out, on the oposite side to where the key slot is there's a square hole in which you'll see a bit of black plastic, underneath which there's a small slot.
Insert a small key or screwdriver into the slot and gently lever up and you'll see the black plastic rear cover begin to part company with the main silver body.
Once you see that, get a fingernail into the gap and gently pull off the cover and you'll see the battery. Remove and replace battery then put black cover in place and press down on all sides until it's locked back in place. Refit key back into slot making sure it's locked in.

If you haven't replaced a battery before, have a look on YouTube. Whilst I couldn't see a fob for the current Tucson, there are other Hyundai keys there that will give you an idea of what I describe here.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I have done this, but I've used the end of the key itself to lever the cover off rather than trying to find a screwdriver. Try it out and you will know you can do it in a battery shop without resorting to scrabbling around fot a screwdriver.

Replacing the battery is easy - make a not of which side has the "+" sign (should be on the top if I remember) and then just slide it sideways and it comes out. Slide the replacement back in, with the + on the same side as the original.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Philr

Post by Philr »

OK. Thanks all. Tried it out and all is well.
I've got a Rav4 that has a smart key and that is the same except the key itself fits in a slot and then it's just a turn jobbie and the fob falls in half.

Phil
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post