Broken USB port

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Al94

Post by Al94 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:20 am

The USB port on my 7 month old Tucson Ultimate Hybrid has broken! I normally keep a very small stubby memory stick loaded with music in it as I did for 5 years in my previous Tucson. Probably have used the port more recently in attempts to get Android Auto running and once to upgrade the infotainment software a couple of weeks ago. Tried to connect the phone a couple of days ago and it didn't feel right and I then realised the white plastic part of the port was still inside the memory stick. Nothing will connect now. Car is booked into dealer this week, they have told me they will try a warranty claim but likely to be rejected as "user damage" I have been using cars laptops and desktops for decades and have never experienced a broken or malfunctioning port before. Fingers crossed !

Al94

Post by Al94 » Wed May 04, 2022 5:02 pm

So, visited dealer today, cost to replace USB unit is £164.45 and won't be covered by warranty as it is broken by me according to them. Clearly the port is not fit for purpose as this should not happen with normal light usage and while they are going to try a claim at my insistence, I doubt it will be successful.
Was also advised air condition condensate hose needed replaced as a recall, these are on back order. Also NX4e 1,8 Gamma II Oil Leak - CVVD Actuator sealing was required, again a recall but no real explanation of what this was about. Careful with those USB ports folks! Perhaps permanently leaving something like this in the port would be a good idea

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post