First clean

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Ram man

Post by Ram man »

When I collected the car from the dealership the car was as clean as a whistle and any rain would bead up suggesting it had some kind of polish!
However after 2 weeks it was really dusty from Sahara storm dust! Even though it’s kept in an open garage,
So I washed it! Omg it looked just as bad after, so a week later I tried again. It literally didn’t want to come off so I’ve now given it a all over polish! It’s still not perfect as it needs a lot of elbow grease to remove but much better. I would be interested to know how they treat/clean them from the factory and was maybe naive to think it would have something applied!!!
My Jeep was a black metallic too and was never like this
Think I need a new cleaning method or product for this car! Any recommendations?
Cheers Rich

Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

I feel your pain. Have the tucson inn dark teal and it shows everything. I keep my card immaculate and t h ink nothing of spending 3 hours a week cleaning the car. The dark teal seams worse than black for showing dust and marks dispute cleaning and waxing / polishing with expensive brand polishes and wax.
Anyone recommend a product or treatment to keep the car looking good would be appreciated.😀
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Itchycat1 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:24 pm I feel your pain. Have the tucson inn dark teal and it shows everything. I keep my card immaculate and t h ink nothing of spending 3 hours a week cleaning the car. The dark teal seams worse than black for showing dust and marks dispute cleaning and waxing / polishing with expensive brand polishes and wax.
Anyone recommend a product or treatment to keep the car looking good would be appreciated.😀
Ceramic coating. This will help the dirt grime etc not stick to the car. Although expensive outlay at first it will pay in the long run. Once done can then just snow foam wash it each time and rinse off and dry. No need to polish as the shine is locked in by the ceramic coating. Once I get mine it will be the first thing I do. 5 year 9H Ceramic coating costs between £450-£550 from a decent detailer near to me for SUV. I use Bilt Hamber snow foam on my current car which is a very good product for eating off the grime followed by a rinse and dry down.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Tejstar

Post by Tejstar »

Ceramic coating is an expensive option, but one that I also took when our Tucson arrived last November. Makes it so much easier to clean.
daibill

Post by daibill »

As a detailer in a previous life......

Have told my dealer not to wash or polish mine for collection in a couple of weeks for this very reason. The amount of cars they need to prep and turn out means that not a lot of care is taken with your new pride and joy. Who knows what stuff they have put on your car..? Not quality products I assure you. Have seen gritty brushes and dirty wash buckets used on cars with the resulting micro scratches. Have really seen some horror stories due to so called new car preparation. Mind you they don't come out perfect from the factory and then they have the journey to the dealer to go through.

The plan for mine is that I'm dedicating the first weekend to strip washing it, removing iron fallout, claying it, machine polishing it and ceramic coating with a coating that gives a candy like enhancement so I know that it's done properly.. Downside is that I cannot use the car for 24 to 48 hours after that while it goes off or wash it for 10 days while it hardens but I know it is done for 3 years.

Then it's just maintenance washes and topping up the ceramic with a ceramic detailer.
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

daibill wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:11 am As a detailer in a previous life......

Have told my dealer not to wash or polish mine for collection in a couple of weeks for this very reason. The amount of cars they need to prep and turn out means that not a lot of care is taken with your new pride and joy. Who knows what stuff they have put on your car..? Not quality products I assure you. Have seen gritty brushes and dirty wash buckets used on cars with the resulting micro scratches. Have really seen some horror stories due to so called new car preparation. Mind you they don't come out perfect from the factory and then they have the journey to the dealer to go through.

The plan for mine is that I'm dedicating the first weekend to strip washing it, removing iron fallout, claying it, machine polishing it and ceramic coating with a coating that gives a candy like enhancement so I know that it's done properly.. Downside is that I cannot use the car for 24 to 48 hours after that while it goes off or wash it for 10 days while it hardens but I know it is done for 3 years.

Then it's just maintenance washes and topping up the ceramic with a ceramic detailer.
Spot on. Couldn't have put it better myself. 👍
Last edited by Southern Lad on Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

Itchycat1 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:24 pm I feel your pain. Have the tucson inn dark teal and it shows everything. I keep my card immaculate and t h ink nothing of spending 3 hours a week cleaning the car. The dark teal seams worse than black for showing dust and marks dispute cleaning and waxing / polishing with expensive brand polishes and wax.
I treated the car to some Gyeon wax. It’s very hydrophobic and makes washing it much easier. I actually like washing and cleaning the car so wouldn’t spend out on a ceramic coating. The wax is about £33 and worth every penny in my opinion. I also got some Raceglaze for the N line S wheels…..which are fun to keep clean 🤣
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Mine seems to be protected by something called 'gardx' (www.gardx.co.uk/gardx-protect). I washed the car today (rinse, clean with car shampoo, rinse, chamois off water) and it looks OK to me.

IMG_20220426_125410.jpg

IMG_20220426_125358.jpg

Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
daibill

Post by daibill »

Red... Oh yes.....
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

All the above is all correct.
what I did after the Sahara storm dust on my car.
1, pressure wash as much of the dust off the car dont not use a hose pipe not enough pressure.
2. snow foam the car and leave to sit for 10 mins.
3. pressure wash car until all snow foam is off.
4. wash car with a wool mit and then pressure wash off sudds.
5. dry the car with a waffle.

otherwise the Sahara dust will lightly scratch the car.
ceramic coating coating is the way forward, interested in your gardx Alan Sh

Jools
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022