First clean

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Jools,

I didn't ask for it - that's just how it came. I don't know if the dealer does it as standard or whether all UK cars get it.

I did notice the black plastic around the wheels is very hard to clean. It has white streaks on it. Lots of elbow grease required.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

daibill

Post by daibill »

Gardx is something similar to the old Supaguard/Lifeshine/Diamondbrite products which dealers can charge £500 quid for but essentially costs them about £30. It's pure profit for the dealer. It's not a ceramic coating but a "long lasting" sealant. It will come off in about 6 months to a year.. Needs "professional" application but normally is just thrown on by the car wash guy. The clearcoat is certainly not machined level to provide the best shine and neither will they clay or remove the iron deposits.

There is a pack from bmw on ebay.. £23 notes..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165403176073 ... EB50061316&
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
misterbuzby

Post by misterbuzby »

daibill wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:11 am As a detailer in a previous life......

Have told my dealer not to wash or polish mine for collection in a couple of weeks for this very reason. The amount of cars they need to prep and turn out means that not a lot of care is taken with your new pride and joy. Who knows what stuff they have put on your car..? Not quality products I assure you. Have seen gritty brushes and dirty wash buckets used on cars with the resulting micro scratches. Have really seen some horror stories due to so called new car preparation. Mind you they don't come out perfect from the factory and then they have the journey to the dealer to go through.

The plan for mine is that I'm dedicating the first weekend to strip washing it, removing iron fallout, claying it, machine polishing it and ceramic coating with a coating that gives a candy like enhancement so I know that it's done properly.. Downside is that I cannot use the car for 24 to 48 hours after that while it goes off or wash it for 10 days while it hardens but I know it is done for 3 years.

Then it's just maintenance washes and topping up the ceramic with a ceramic detailer.
Totally totally agree with you. Received my Tucson last November. Told them that if they let their [so-called] 'valeter' anywhere near it, I will not be buying and will walk away.
Cleaned/clayed etc and coated it myself. Hence, no swirly scratches on my black paintwork.

Their salesman did try to sell me their [in-house valeter applied] cermaic coating for £300. Err, no thank you :-)
old man

Post by old man »

Anyone recommend a product or treatment to keep the car looking good would be appreciated.
Along similar lines to this question posted by itchycat, my black car looked fantastic when I collected it. I thought that the dealer must have used a good polish, but I've now realised that it was the lustre of the factory paint that made the car look good and the polish used by the dealer was just a short lasting, bulk product.

I'm okay with that, except that when I wash the car it shows water marks really badly, especially if it's a warm day and the water dries off before I can get my drying microfiber cloth to it.
What I want (whilst the paintwork is still young and looking good) is an easy to apply and remove product that I can apply after my next wash, that will shed water easily and not show water marks.
I want something that's reasonably priced as I'm certainly not paying between £300 and £500 for a ceramic coating, but I do want something that will allow me to spend as little time as possible keeping my car looking good. This isn't laziness as I used to enjoy the fruits of my labour when I'd spend a day washing. polishing, vacuuming etc, but I'm no longer a spring chicken, I have a back problem and I have to keep my wifes car in good fettle as well.

So guys, what's on the market for less that £30 that I can apply when I next wash the car, that will shed water well, not show watermarks, easy to apply and buff off and will last as long as possible ??
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
daibill

Post by daibill »

I lover Gyeon products and they have this in their product line-up. Use once a month after a wash and that will give you good results.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gyeon-ceramic-detailer

However for a few more of your sheckles there is this

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gyeon-q2 ... -evo-200ml

Loads of people rave about this and it's a spray on ceramic coating designed for about 10 - 12 months duration that just wipes on and off..
Can also be used on plastics and wheels..

Then there is also ceramic infused shampoo's etc...... You will be happy with either of these..
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
old man

Post by old man »

daibill wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:52 pm I lover Gyeon products and they have this in their product line-up. Use once a month after a wash and that will give you good results.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gyeon-ceramic-detailer

However for a few more of your sheckles there is this

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gyeon-q2 ... -evo-200ml

Loads of people rave about this and it's a spray on ceramic coating designed for about 10 - 12 months duration that just wipes on and off..
Can also be used on plastics and wheels..

Then there is also ceramic infused shampoo's etc...... You will be happy with either of these..
That's great and just the type of thing I had in mind. Also, Gyeon has been mentioned in this thread already.
I'm going to buy one of those - the more expensive one I think. Unfortunately Amazon don't seem to stock it, so I can't get it the next day. I'm going away shortly, so I won't be able to get this in time to use it before I go.
In the interim, I have some Sonax Xtreme in the garage, have you used that and if so, will it do what I need it to on a black car ? I'd be happy to give the car a coating of that before I go if it will work and then use the Gyeon when I return home.
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

If you want a simple wax that sheds water "Turtle Wax" "Wax it Wet" wash the car and spray a panel at a time whilst still wet and wipe it over with a micro fibre cloth as it drys it leaves a shine I use it all the time on my wife's car, if you want to use a bit of elbow grease try Bilt Hamber Double Speed wax I use that on my Tucson
old man

Post by old man »

NoTwOld wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:00 pm If you want a simple wax that sheds water "Turtle Wax" "Wax it Wet" wash the car and spray a panel at a time whilst still wet and wipe it over with a micro fibre cloth as it drys it leaves a shine I use it all the time on my wife's car, if you want to use a bit of elbow grease try Bilt Hamber Double Speed wax I use that on my Tucson
I came across that earlier today. Does it prevent water marks showing on a black car ?
Keith1956

Post by Keith1956 »

Try pledge enhancing polish £1.00 a tin at Tescos, easy to use on paint and shines black trim and no residue white marks, use inside and out, before you laugh try it, this is not a wind up.
old man

Post by old man »

this is not a wind up
I wouldn't have thought it was, I used to use furniture polish on the paintwork of my motorbikes.
Thing is, does it show watermarks and how long does it last before a reapplication is required ?