Feeling road through pedal

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
daibill

Post by daibill »

Put 200 miles on mine yesterday up to Newtown and back which involved a lot of breaking and gear changes on twisty A and B roads.. First real outing and I was pushing it a bit. I thought the car handled really well ( sports mode with lane thingy switched off ) and the slick and quick gear changes really got it up the road well and the car was quite engaging to drive . Brakes were strong and progressive. Well happy with it.

However, I think I now know what you are on about. I did feel on a couple of occasions some vibrations but I did have my thin soled work shoes on not my trainers..
When I felt that I immediately thought of this thread!

I've only ever had something similar in my Alfa 145 cloverleaf a few years ago but that was connected to the road in every way possible..

I did feel that it is very situation dependant and not there all the time. Back on the dual's and my local roads and I couldn't detect it..

Happy it's not a problem though.
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)

maurice28

Post by maurice28 »

daibill wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:48 am Put 200 miles on mine yesterday up to Newtown and back which involved a lot of breaking and gear changes on twisty A and B roads.. First real outing and I was pushing it a bit. I thought the car handled really well ( sports mode with lane thingy switched off ) and the slick and quick gear changes really got it up the road well and the car was quite engaging to drive . Brakes were strong and progressive. Well happy with it.

However, I think I now know what you are on about. I did feel on a couple of occasions some vibrations but I did have my thin soled work shoes on not my trainers..
When I felt that I immediately thought of this thread!

I've only ever had something similar in my Alfa 145 cloverleaf a few years ago but that was connected to the road in every way possible..

I did feel that it is very situation dependant and not there all the time. Back on the dual's and my local roads and I couldn't detect it..

Happy it's not a problem though.
Yes, sounds like the same thing I've been experiencing. It's not all the time, I feel it mostly on rougher roads and it's not crazy vibrations, but noticeable. I've started to get used to which roads it happens on - was on a particularly rough bit of motorway the other day and could feel it a bit while braking.

But yes, I don't think it's an issue, seems like it's just the way the manuals in particular behave!
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Must be just the manuals, as I don’t feel anything related with the auto.
maurice28

Post by maurice28 »

richarde wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:58 pm Must be just the manuals, as I don’t feel anything related with the auto.
I think you're right. I recently drove an N Line manual and particularly felt it through the clutch - obviously not an issue for the autos.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post