Can you change the Speedometer?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
madowl

Post by madowl »

The analogue speedometer seems to be poorly thought out.
You have to judge a mid point for the speeds of 30, 50, and 70mph, which are the ones mostly needed.
My previous car had an analogue dial but with a digital readout in the centre which, I thought, was perfect.
I know I can have the speed displayed in the centre of the cluster but I prefer this space for other features.

Is there a way to change the speedo to digital? You would have thought this would be in "themes" but, if it is, it is not obvious.
Anyone any ideas?
I do have the speed displayed on the map but it's not really suitable.

Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

madowl wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:20 pm The analogue speedometer seems to be poorly thought out.
You have to judge a mid point for the speeds of 30, 50, and 70mph, which are the ones mostly needed.
My previous car had an analogue dial but with a digital readout in the centre which, I thought, was perfect.
I know I can have the speed displayed in the centre of the cluster but I prefer this space for other features.

Is there a way to change the speedo to digital? You would have thought this would be in "themes" but, if it is, it is not obvious.
Anyone any ideas?

download.jpeg

User settings/cluster/theme selection/link to drive(uncheck) then scroll down to cube. If it's same on UK models

On YouTube there is a US video showing how to change the theme to a cube digital display. Whether it's the same on UK models I don't know.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Southern Lad wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:41 pm
madowl wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:20 pm The analogue speedometer seems to be poorly thought out.

Anyone any ideas?
download.jpeg

On YouTube there is a US video showing how to change the theme to a cube digital display. Whether it's the same on UK models I don't know.
I’ve used that in my car. Ended up switching back to the analog dial!
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

richarde wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:54 pm
Southern Lad wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:41 pm

Anyone any ideas?
download.jpeg

I’ve used that in my car. Ended up switching back to the analog dial!
Ah ok. Not sure if can just change the analogue speedometer itself. I think this would need to be a new theme at a guess.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I agree it's not the best, but I have the digital speedo display in the middle (which is surprisingly accurate) and that satisfies me.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
terryp

Post by terryp »

You will know if you are exceeding the local speed limit as the number of the speed limit on the left hand cluster will change from black to red.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
madowl

Post by madowl »

terryp wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:12 pm You will know if you are exceeding the local speed limit as the number of the speed limit on the left hand cluster will change from black to red.
Only if the speed sign recognition has picked it up. Not really that anyway, just that the analogue is not good for just a glance to instantly know the speed.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Which is why I have the digital speed displaying in big letters in the middle.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post