Accessories Brochure

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

There are some decent accessories available for the Tucson.

https://s7g10.scene7.com/is/content/hyu ... rochurepdf

Searching the part numbers, I’ve just ordered (from http://caraccessoriesplus.co.uk/) a rear bumper protection strip. Should prove handy when getting the kids bikes etc., out of the boot.

old man

Post by old man »

I wonder if the roof bars they list for the Tucson will allow the sun roof to open ? It's a question to be asked if your car has a sun roof and you're thinking of buying bars.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Al94

Post by Al94 »

Those brushed aluminium side trims look nice!
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
stojced

Post by stojced »

old man wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:35 am I wonder if the roof bars they list for the Tucson will allow the sun roof to open ? It's a question to be asked if your car has a sun roof and you're thinking of buying bars.
I asked Thule representative, and the answer was that you can't open sun roof with roof bars (at least Thule models).
old man

Post by old man »

stojced wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:56 am
old man wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:35 am I wonder if the roof bars they list for the Tucson will allow the sun roof to open ? It's a question to be asked if your car has a sun roof and you're thinking of buying bars.
I asked Thule representative, and the answer was that you can't open sun roof with roof bars (at least Thule models).
Yes, this has been discussed here in another thread. Apparently Thule bars and also the bars supplied as an accessory by Hyundai will not allow the sunroof to open, which is a poor show.
I enquired about this with Hyunda UK who initially told me that roof bars should not be fitted at all to cars with a sunroof. Considering that roof rails are factory fitted, I escalated this to Hyundai Technical who stated that roof bars can be fitted to cars with sunroofs and the max permitted weight is 100kgs.
I have since found some roof bars for the Tucson that will allow a sunroof to open and I have them on my car.
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

old man wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:27 am
Yes, this has been discussed here in another thread. Apparently Thule bars and also the bars supplied as an accessory by Hyundai will not allow the sunroof to open, which is a poor show.
I enquired about this with Hyunda UK who initially told me that roof bars should not be fitted at all to cars with a sunroof. Considering that roof rails are factory fitted, I escalated this to Hyundai Technical who stated that roof bars can be fitted to cars with sunroofs and the max permitted weight is 100kgs.
I have since found some roof bars for the Tucson that will allow a sunroof to open and I have them on my car.
Is this about roof strength, or damage to the roof glass?
old man

Post by old man »

It's about some makes of bars fouling the sunroof when it opens.
It isn't about weight as I've been assured by Hyundai Technical that the models with a glass/sun roof are rated to carry 100kgs max.
I'd like to think that if a roof wasn't able to bear the weight of any items being carried on it, then the manufacturer wouldn't fit roof rails in the factory.
stojced

Post by stojced »

Can you pls share model of those roof bars. Tnks
stojced

Post by stojced »

Also, when I asked question for roof rails the dealer before ordering the car with sun roof, answer was that I can have roof rails mounted and can open the sun roof, but without roof box or ski racks mounted on them. I would suppose that they mean of Hyundai supplied roof rails. Will check that again once/when I receive the car
old man

Post by old man »

stojced there's two different things going on here.
1/ Are there roof bars for the Tucson that will allow the sunroof to open when fitted ? Yes there are as I have some.
2/ When opening the sunroof there isn't masses of clearance between it and the bars, so if you're going to carry a roofbox who's fixings I believe are lower than the underside of the bars, then It's likely the sunroof will foul them - which is what I expect your dealer is talking about. I don't know how ski racks fit, but I assume they're similar to bike racks, so they will also foul the sunroof.
The trick is finding roof bars that don't foul the sunroof, as I have. When you have the bars fitted to the car and you have a roofbox or ski rack fitted, then do NOT open the sunroof. I was going to stick a piece of tape over my switch before I found my current bars, but I don't have to now as I carry canoes and the straps I use to secure them to the roofbars barely protrude below the bars.
Another way is to take off the bars/ box /rack when not in use, or just the box/rack if you get the correct bars.

Here's a link to the bars I have; https://www.micksgarage.com/d/roof-rack ... s/products
There's three types of bar to choose from, but the footpacks are the same whichever bar you choose