How to switch off music in media player ?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
old man

Post by old man »

I have a music collection on a memory stick which is plugged into the USB port in the car. When I have the media screen showing on the info screen showing what music I'm playing, there's the normal pause and fast forward and back icons, but I cannot see a stop icon i.e. the little square one.
So when I stop the car to get out I can only pause the music or switch off the ignition and in both cases, when I restart the car, the music that was playing earlier starts playing again.
How do I stop the music playing so it doesn't restart later. I expect the explanation is simple, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out !!
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

terryp

Post by terryp »

I also play music from a USB stick and usually leave it playing when I switch off the ignition, knowing it will pick up from where it left off when I get back.
I assume you want to "pause" it without doing anything else. In my case I simply switch it to radio so that when I switch back it will resume from the same place.
I haven't tried this but you could try saying "pause the music" from voice command.
By the way, I can't find an icon for "shuffle".
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I turn it off using the button on the LH end of the infotainment display.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
old man

Post by old man »

alan sh wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:16 pm I turn it off using the button on the LH end of the infotainment display.
Learning something new every day ! I thought that button/icon was to turn off the infotainment screen, but I now see that a short press turns off the music and a long press turns off the infotainment screen. It's not as intuitive as pressing a stop button on the actual media screen, but now I know it's there I'm happy.
Thanks for posting - that's great.
old man

Post by old man »

terryp wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:14 pm I also play music from a USB stick and usually leave it playing when I switch off the ignition, knowing it will pick up from where it left off when I get back.
I assume you want to "pause" it without doing anything else. In my case I simply switch it to radio so that when I switch back it will resume from the same place.
I haven't tried this but you could try saying "pause the music" from voice command.
By the way, I can't find an icon for "shuffle".
As well as not being able to stop a track, if I went to the map screen for instance, the music kept playing which I find annoying.
There is a setting in General settings - Media settings which stops the function of music playing as soon as you switch on the ignition. I've now done that as I like things quiet when I first get in the car.
alan sh in the post after yours has now solved the problem of turning off music when required.

Using the voice function to stop music doesn't work I'm afraid - either that or the lady that's hiding in my dash doesn't like the sound of my voice. :(
roadster

Post by roadster »

There is also the option to "program" a couple of buttons. I use the one directly underneath the central display to turn the display off and the one on the steering wheel to stop the media player. The only trouble is that these preferences seem to be lost after an update so I now back up settings using Bluelink although I have yet to thoroughly test that.
Tucson PHEV Premium
roadster

Post by roadster »

terryp wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:14 pm By the way, I can't find an icon for "shuffle".
From memory the shuffle option shows up on the main media player touch screen just below the repeat button. I'm not certain but I think it allows shuffle current folder or shuffle all folders.
Tucson PHEV Premium
terryp

Post by terryp »

Thanks Roadster.
I didn't realise you have to touch the two arrows to change the icon to the normal "shuffle" icon.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post