Warranty Claim

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Iam

Post by Iam »

Hey everyone :)

I have a quick question I thought I'd ask here in case anyone else has experienced similar. I bought a new 2018 Tucson, had it serviced twice by Arnold Clark and it has 7700 on the clock. Car wouldn't start so Hyundai Roadside Assistance came out (AA). He diagnosed the crankshaft location sensor was faulty. Various warning lights and no rev counter. Said it would be ok to drive it to the Warranty Centre (17 miles away). When I called the warranty centre (Arnold Clark Dundee Kingsway) they said I had to wait 4.5 weeks to get booked in. Therefore, I have no transport for the next month. I though they would just take it and give me something to run about in. Anyone have any experience of a long warranty wait time?

Cheers :)

Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

It's a long time since I had a warranty claim with Hyundai (probably circa 2009). At the time I didn't use my local dealer as I found them to be dishonest. I therefore used the next closest dealer who supplied a courtesy car during the repairs. I don't remember there being a long wait back then although my car was still driveable. Could you not enquire at another dealership how soon they could fix it? Obviously we are living in strange times which may or may not be impacting things. Good luck!
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
Iam

Post by Iam »

Hi Yorkie. I eventually opted to just get it repaired myself as the cost of repair was half the cost of four weeks car hire. I also emailed Ashley Andrew and asked what his thoughts were. Ironically his Executive Team replied today stating they were going to arrange a speedier repair and supply a courtesy car in the meantime. I also picked up my repaired car today from the local garage and paid the invoice. Great timing :D

At least I know that they do listen to their customers which is reassuring for any future problems.

Cheers.
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Glad you got it sorted and good to know you got a positive response to your email.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post