Rearview Camera Switch

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
old man

Post by old man »

I'm loathe to admit that I've just noticed a switch that turns on the rearview camera in the infotainment screen.
As that camera appears automatically when reverse gear is selected. I assume the option to turn it on manually is so we can see what's behind us when we're driving.
Is it okay to have it on when driving and does anyone use it.
I suppose it could be handy when driving in France to see what's in the blindspot before changing lanes.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

Jonnyblue

Post by Jonnyblue »

If its anything like the camera system that's on my current 2019 Tucson, then after a certain. speed, the camera system turns off to prevent it being a distraction when driving.
old man

Post by old man »

Jonnyblue wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:59 am If its anything like the camera system that's on my current 2019 Tucson, then after a certain. speed, the camera system turns off to prevent it being a distraction when driving.
That makes sense, thankyou.
roadster

Post by roadster »

On mine the camera (P) switch allows a static check and also changes the view so that you can see if there is anything immediately underneath the back bumper. It is also possible to retain the rear view for a short time after reverse is changed to D, I think that option may be in settings somewhere. Other models have the 360 degree camera options too.
Tucson PHEV Premium
Aelking

Post by Aelking »

At keast if you have the 360 cameras, then the view will stay. Some of the views become unavailable. But can be very handy for moving in traffic.
old man

Post by old man »

roadster wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:06 am On mine the camera (P) switch allows a static check and also changes the view so that you can see if there is anything immediately underneath the back bumper. It is also possible to retain the rear view for a short time after reverse is changed to D, I think that option may be in settings somewhere. Other models have the 360 degree camera options too.
I have the same camera as you, no 360 degree view I'm afraid.
I haven't tested it yet, but I think that after selecting D, the rear camera view stays on until a certain speed is reached. That's how it was on my previous car.
old man

Post by old man »

I went out yesterday and switched on the rear camera whilst I was doing about 47 mph. I'm a little surprised it came on at that speed. I don't know if it will stay on as long as you want it to because I found it a little distracting on a busy road, so I turned it off.
Simon1900

Post by Simon1900 »

I have a 2021 version and that has the button to turn the camera on. I suspect it is there to act as a rear view mirror if you can't use the interior mirror for some reason like when I moved my daughter from uni. Never knew she had much stuff!
Philr

Post by Philr »

You can switch it on at any speed and it will stay on. Really handy for seeing what you have just overtaken:-)
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

There is the 'Keep Rear Camera On' setting for reference.

When I've experienced this, it's when I reverse off my driveway and then move into drive. The Camera stays on until you hit the predefined speed (which I haven't really taken much notice of)

Screenshot_20220920-084943_Bluelink.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post