New to Tucson - a couple of questions

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
maurice28

Post by maurice28 »

Hi all! I'm so new to a Tucson in fact that I haven't yet received it. Ordered a Premium (just the basic, petrol manual version in Amazon Grey) on a lease which is due to be delivered in the next couple of months all being well.

I just had a couple of questions that have come to me while researching the car, and wasn't sure if anyone could shed any light?

Android Auto - I know the Hyundai system only uses two thirds of the screen for AA, for those who use Google Maps, do you still find it easy to use for navigation. Just conscious it might be a little small and slightly lower on the dash than I'm used to (a phone using a holder just to the right of my eyeline in my aging Ford Focus) so wondered how others find it at a glance?

Keyless entry - does anyone know if the smart key stops transmitting the signal if the key is put down, after a while? I know some makes do this to be more secure/save battery, but didn't know if the Tucson's did?

All in all, very excited to get the car when it arrives!

old man

Post by old man »

I can answer the key fob question. Yes it does shutdown after a period of inactivity, but I'm unsure of the time it takes. Somewhere between 3 and 34 minutes is as close as I can currently state.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Android Auto - I know the Hyundai system only uses two thirds of the screen for AA, for those who use Google Maps, do you still find it easy to use for navigation. Just conscious it might be a little small and slightly lower on the dash than I'm used to (a phone using a holder just to the right of my eyeline in my aging Ford Focus) so wondered how others find it at a glance?
download/file.php?id=320

Looks that way (copied from another thread on here)
mah006

Post by mah006 »

20220408_191435.jpg

N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

How did you get the "Heart Radio" bit on the RH side? I just get a big "Android Auto" display and nothing I can see in settings changes that.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
mah006

Post by mah006 »

alan sh wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:05 pm How did you get the "Heart Radio" bit on the RH side? I just get a big "Android Auto" display and nothing I can see in settings changes that.
Settings page
in search (magnifying glass)
type split screen
you should see split screen settings for Android auto
tick the box
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Thank you. I will try that tomorrow.

Alan
Alan

Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I don't have that option on mine - firmware 11-Feb-22, These are all the options I have.

IMG_20220409_095958.jpg

IMG_20220409_095953.jpg

Alan

mah006

Post by mah006 »

Press the magnifying glass & type Split screen it should show a line thats says Android auto settings
I have the same software
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

OK - finally found it. The clue is that the phone must NOT be plugged in. Without it, when I type in "Split" into the search, I get 3 options (which I forgot to photograph), not one. The second option takes me to the screen shown below. I selected the second option and I now get a split screen in AA.

Thank you for your help and patience.

Alan

IMG_20220409_111346.jpg

Alan

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post