Passenger Airbag ON Light

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Glenorchy

Post by Glenorchy »

230 HEV NX4 Tucson: My passenger airbag ON light (overhead cluster) stays on - manual says it should go off after around 4 seconds. It will swap to indicate OFF and ON when the passenger airbag switch is operated. No other warnings on dash cluster.

Can other owners of the 230 HEV NX4 let me know whether their passenger airbag ON light goes out after approx 4 seconds?

old man

Post by old man »

In my car the airbag on/off writing on the overhead console stays on. The overhead console warnings are for the rear seats, so if you have something laying on a seat, the red warning sign will stay on, but should extinguish if you plug in the rear seat belts. The rear seats are very sensitive to light weights laying on them.
You should get seat belt warnings on the digital dash for the front seats if a belt isn't plugged in and someone is occupying a seat.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Glenorchy

Post by Glenorchy »

Thanks for letting me know about your Passenger Airbag ON light. Looks like Hyundai have change the behaviour, but not changed the manual (section 3-52). All seat belt lights are off, and the passenger seat is unoccupied.
old man

Post by old man »

Much apologies, I obviously didn't read your post properly. You asked about airbags and my reply was about seat belts.

Here's a pic of my console. The writing on the RHS stays on all of the time and informs me whether the front passenger air bag is switched on or off. I did turn off the front passenger air bag and the warning changed to OFF.
The 3 red warnings on the left of that are for rear seat belts and light up if a rear seat is occupied and the seat belt isn't plugged in. I have a very light polystyrene booster seat in the back and the system picks that up - as I said, it's very sensitive.
Apologies for any confusion and I hope this now answers your question.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Glenorchy

Post by Glenorchy »

Thanks - as others as well as you have said that "RHS Passenger Airbag On" stays illuminated it looks like it is by design and not a fault. Hyundai need to update their Tucson NX4 manual, but at least I now know that I don't need to trouble my local dealership.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post