How to get a discount

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Matt2725 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:03 pm Sorry for digging up an older thread, but it would be worth checking with your respective employers about the affinity program.

My employer is a member of the Hyundai/Kia affinity program which can give you a nice discount.

List of participating companies
That would have been good to have back back in January! What level of discount is available? And is it better than the dealer discount that received, circa £2K

Matt2725

Post by Matt2725 »

richarde wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:16 pm
Matt2725 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:03 pm Sorry for digging up an older thread, but it would be worth checking with your respective employers about the affinity program.

My employer is a member of the Hyundai/Kia affinity program which can give you a nice discount.

List of participating companies
That would have been good to have back back in January! What level of discount is available? And is it better than the dealer discount that received, circa £2K
It varies on the model. When I ordered the Tucson in Feb, it was around a £5K discount. Currently the Tucson on that scheme is showing as "Saving of £3,637.92". Sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less.

For example, they're only offering £1000 off an Ioniq 5 at the moment.
madowl

Post by madowl »

I have never bought a new car (I've bought many) without a discount of 18 - 20%. One Mercedes was 28%. Try everything such as Carwow, internet dealers, car brokers, trade suppliers etc. Never take the offer at first. Even Carwow prices from dealers can be pushed further.
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Carwow worked for me ... but I also checked for new car deals on autotrader. Saw that from the same dealer that they were slightly cheaper than Carwow quote. Went to dealer and challenged their carwow quote compared to autotrader and they matched it. Got the manufacturer contribution and dealer discount plus mats and boot liner and full tank of fuel and took the price of the ultimate hybrid to circa £32k. Non metallic in white, no tech pack. Happy as I also got a cancelled order so ordered in October 2021 and picked up in November 2021. If I hadn't got this was quoted at least March 2022.
terryp

Post by terryp »

I have used Carwow and Brokers in the past. I think you have to be careful with Brokers as I've had good and bad experiences. Carwow, in my experience, will give you modest discounts and you can collect the car from the showroom which is always a good experience.
For my Tucson, I used a broker who was not only giving me almost £7000 off, but also giving me a good trade in price for my Renault. No problems and I paid £100 extra for transported delivery. So the car arrived with 9 miles on the clock
My only complaint? It hadn't been cleaned. But that was easily fixed.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
Tripleh

Post by Tripleh »

terryp, I have used Carwow in the past for other cars but never a broker. Can you say which broker you use/d, please.
terryp

Post by terryp »

Tripleh, the Broker I used was
https://www.discounted-new-cars.com/
Having said that I have just looked at their website and see that Tucsons are not on offer at the moment.
It may be worth your while to have a look at more Car Brokers and if you see any offers that look promising then check out any customer reviews to maybe put your mind at rest.
There is quite a leap of faith when you have to pay the full asking price before you take delivery so make sure you are happy to do that.
If not, then settle for peace of mind with Carwow.
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

I'm sure this will not always be the case but when I checked with a broker that was offering big discounts, even though the car was effectively new, I would have been the second owner so they were pre-registered models to the company.
terryp

Post by terryp »

Well, I can only vouch that I am the first registered owner of my Tucson.
But you are right to point out that some brokers are selling "pre reg" cars and it will pay to check beforehand.
Tripleh

Post by Tripleh »

thanks for the heads up both