How to get a discount

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

When I rolled up to buy my Tucson, we got chatting and I mentioned that I had a motorhome. While the dealer was working out the prices sheo asked if I was a member of the Caravan and Motorhome Club (CAMC). I said yes and produced my card. She went away and came back with a new figure - 12% discount off list price. Which in my case was just over £4,600.

Apparently, Hyundai and CAMC have some sort of deal between them.

So, if you are thinking of buying one, join CAMC and make sure you are in it for at least 6 months. It really is worth it.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

On the subject of discounts/finance, I am sure many on this forum are aware that if you buy on a PCP or HP to take advantage of the manufacturer’s deposit contribution (£2250 in my case) you have a legal right within 14 days to pay off the total sum owed (if you have the funds)
The minimum amount of finance I had to take to gain from the manufacturer’s deposit was £3000. I paid it all off today for the sum of £3000.32 having picked the car up yesterday. So it cost me 32 pence (one day’s interest) to get the £2250 discount - no brainer !
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Nice one.
Alan

Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
xtrailman

Post by xtrailman »

I did that when I bought my Tiguan, got around £6500 off through carwow, around 17%

Last year a dealer offed me £5500 off through carwow again, you certainly don't need to be a member of the club to get a discount, and I have been a member of both caravan clubs in the past.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

It's good to know there's more than one way to get deals.
Alan

DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

Also remember that you have the ability to make additional payments against your finance agreement, in order to reduce the interest you pay, and reduce your monthly payments. Even if you don't pay off the whole thing!
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
Ram man

Post by Ram man »

Wychwood, thanks for that info, the first dealer we went to said we had to wait 3 months before paying it off to get the £2250 discount!
Thankfully I saw your post and did it today on the 14th day too! 😂 👍
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

My pleasure! Good to share experience and pick up useful info on this forum.
madowl

Post by madowl »

Ram man wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:38 pm Wychwood, thanks for that info, the first dealer we went to said we had to wait 3 months before paying it off to get the £2250 discount!
Thankfully I saw your post and did it today on the 14th day too! 😂 👍
Reason dealers say 3 months is that they don't get their commission if the third monthly payment is not made.
Matt2725

Post by Matt2725 »

Sorry for digging up an older thread, but it would be worth checking with your respective employers about the affinity program.

My employer is a member of the Hyundai/Kia affinity program which can give you a nice discount.

List of participating companies