Dash cam fitting, wiring from rear mirror

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi all, I just seen this on the web and I haven't seen this on the forum before.
I was so impressed I have just ordered on from the link below £36 including shipping and taxes.

And video on YouTube of installation on a Hyundai

Jools
Last edited by joolstdi on Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022

old man

Post by old man »

Neat bit of kit if it works, but I wonder why it's not available here and why it has a disclaimer.

Note: Products with electrical plugs are designed for use in the US. Outlets and voltage differ internationally and this product may require an adapter or converter for use in your destination. Please check compatibility before purchasing.

Let us know if it works, cos it certainly looks much easier than threading a cable behind trims.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

I think it work I have found some one on YouTube in the Uk but in a Kia ev6 and it works.
It looks simple as just takes a 12v feed switchable and a earth. I will definitely give it a go.
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

does the end that fits in the dash cam need an adapter as I cannot see it being universal ?
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

No it’s a usb end and the kits comes with 2 short leads that are used to connect uk dash cams.
It’s funny that Halfords don’t know about these as they could fit a dash can in 10 mins??
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
elf

Post by elf »

X
Last edited by elf on Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

It’s coming on the 7 th of April and the car is coming in June, yes I will leave you know.
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Thanks for the heads up Joolstdi. I have taken the plunge and ordered one. For £36 delivered it seems worth a punt if it saves me paying someone to install a dashcam as didn't fancy messing myself with the lining and trims etc with the car being brand new.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
xtrailman

Post by xtrailman »

It does say its compatible with a Tucson up to 2016-2022.
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

Yorkie wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:21 am Thanks for the heads up Joolstdi. I have taken the plunge and ordered one. For £36 delivered it seems worth a punt if it saves me paying someone to install a dashcam as didn't fancy messing myself with the lining and trims etc with the car being brand new.
Have you thought about asking the dealer to fit? We got our front and rear cameras installed as part of the deal. They’ve done a tidy job and no worries about the warranty as it’s they who have fitted them.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post