Dash cam fitting, wiring from rear mirror

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Oli40

Post by Oli40 »

Unfortunately the Dongar product is no longer available from Amazon and they don’t know if they are getting anymore in, I’ve looked elsewhere on the net but haven’t had any luck if anyone finds one please let us know.

joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi they had only been released in February, I have had a look at the internet and everybody is out of stock.
the best thing I can recommend is keep a daily look at the manufactures website and order direct.
Th Amazon link I put up was from the USA and it took 2 weeks to arrive.
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
Oli40

Post by Oli40 »

Ok thanks I will keep looking.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi all just to let you know that I have had my dash cam fitted today.
I have not had my rear one fitted At moment as I thought I did not want to remove any of the plastics for the fitting of the rear just in case something broke or cracked.

The fitter which is a mate of mine thought that the piggy back dongle was a really nice bite of kit.
he did manage to hide the cables which took some time.
He did tell me to order a short 5" cable from amazon for a £5 as the leads supplied are too long.
which I did before he came today.
photos below sorry not very clear as the weather in South Wales is as it normally is Rain :D :D

IMG_4300.JPG

IMG_4304.jpeg

Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

A heads up that the Dongar adapter is showing as been in stock again both on Amazon and direct from them.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
EJH

Post by EJH »

joolstdi wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:14 pm Hi all, I just seen this on the web and I haven't seen this on the forum before.
I was so impressed I have just ordered on from the link below £36 including shipping and taxes.

And video on YouTube of installation on a Hyundai

Jools
Hi,
My only concern with the rear mirror link-up is will it allow the parking sensor gforce to work? I'm led to believe the only way to have the parked up function to work is if the dash cam has access to a constant live feed, so can 'wake up' if jolted in car park scenarios.
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
AZ2021

Post by AZ2021 »

EJH wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:22 pm
joolstdi wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:14 pm Hi all, I just seen this on the web and I haven't seen this on the forum before.
I was so impressed I have just ordered on from the link below £36 including shipping and taxes.

And video on YouTube of installation on a Hyundai

Jools
Hi,
My only concern with the rear mirror link-up is will it allow the parking sensor gforce to work? I'm led to believe the only way to have the parked up function to work is if the dash cam has access to a constant live feed, so can 'wake up' if jolted in car park scenarios.
I think this is camera dependant as my Nextbase 522GW does have an internal battery but it is small and appears to only be of use for this function. I have it piggybacked onto a spare fuse which isn't constant, only when the power is on.
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid, with tech pack.
Daryll

Post by Daryll »

Just got my N Line S Tucson, and wanting to connect up my Nextbase 412GW... I'd love to use the DONGAR adaptor cable, but does my car have an auto dimming mirror..? ( haven't been out in the dark yet to find out..!!)

Thanks,
Tucson N Line S Hybrid Auto in Dark Knight
old man

Post by old man »

Daryll wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:14 pm Just got my N Line S Tucson, and wanting to connect up my Nextbase 412GW... I'd love to use the DONGAR adaptor cable, but does my car have an auto dimming mirror..? ( haven't been out in the dark yet to find out..!!)

Thanks,
Yes it has, unless Hyundai have changed the spec in the year since I bought mine.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Daryll

Post by Daryll »

Excellent, thanks old man.. I'll get one ordered..
Tucson N Line S Hybrid Auto in Dark Knight

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post