My first two weeks with my Tucson.

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
ashm

Post by ashm »

Wychwood wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:42 pm Picture of Ultimate HEV Shimmering Silver

download/file.php?mode=view&id=281
Very nice... looking forward to picking up this one's twin on Monday!
Ordered: Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver
Order date: 30th December 2021 (Dealer had on order since late October)
Original estimated pick-up date: 21st March 2022
Picked-up: 4th April 2022

AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

Lovely car, enjoy 👌

For those still waiting……you won’t be disappointed 👍
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

For “Juju”
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Update after 3 months. Now done just over 2500 miles (so looking at around 10,000 miles per year).

The overall fuel consumption since I bought the car is now 43.3. I've had a fair few trips down to Coventry and back. If I stick at 65 on the motorways, I can get around 50mpg. Going at 70 drops it to around 44. I can live with that.

The temperature and mileage since fill up has reset itself once since I installed the Feb update. So, something that still needs to be fixed.

I've cured the USB stick stuttering by turing off the notifications regarding speed cameras. But I generally now use Android Auto for my music and radio plays, so not a big issue. I just need to find a decent AA compatible MP3 player that can actually show my folders as I have them, not as it wants.

I use the seat positioning when the door opens now - it gives me a little bit of room.

Air con works well and doesn't seem to affect the mpg much. Nice!

Now it has a few miles on, I've tried some performance testing - it goes quite well :D

And I still like it in red.

IMG_20220426_125410 (Large).jpg

Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

The temperature and mileage since fill up has reset itself once since I installed the Feb update. So, something that still needs to be fixed.
This is very intermittent for me. A few months went by without a single reset, then over the last 2 weeks, I had 3 resets. Through observation, I think it’s related to leaving the car for several days between uses. Hoping the ‘early June’ map/software release addresses this.
Juju

Post by Juju »

Wychwood wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:17 amFor “Juju”

Thanks so much, it’s very nice. Looking forward to seeing my own one in the flesh 😊👏🏼
Ultimate Hybrid
1.6 230PS Petrol 2WD Automatic
shimmering silver with moss grey leather interior
Hej

Post by Hej »

I would agree the active lane feature is poor, making the car understeer with a strange light sensation, I had no confidence in the cars handling, now I switch it off once I start the car on, vast improvement and better handling. Apart from this, I love the car, although I've only had it just over two weeks and having driven just over 600 miles. No problems so far.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi all just had to put some love and not so loved things that has happened to me in the last 2 weeks or so of owning my car.
The loves.
I found out that I can drive to neath or Swansea from my house and back on a fully charged battery, in fact I filled my car up when I collect it as the dealer only put in a £10 for me and it’s still showing full, which Is amazing.
I could hear the car made some noises when I was at the bottom of my road and I could not see why, it turns out that it was near by a speed camera and it showed up by the speed sign on the dash, very clever.

The not so loved.
Going down the motorway to Swansea with the cruise on. It has a 50 mph by the Swansea m4 junction the car starting to slow down to 50 mph as it picked up the 50 sign on the motor way, there was a lorry behind me that was not happy 😆
The lane assist is a right pain in the bum and where I live in Shane’s ville as it’s known locally
[ where Shane Williams lives]
The lane assist keep on warning me all the time as we live in the sticks.
Yes I do keep on putting off on the steering wheel but it a pain it a shame that it cannot be put off permanently
The auto hold hand brake on my Tiguan it was on all the time, so it was a case of drive and forget but the Tucson you have to press it very time you start the car,
These are all small niggles I love the car and it suites my needs and I know that these are safety features that cannot be turned off.
It could be worse in 4 days time all Europe car built after the 6th of July this year will all have the new speed restricters on all cars on them so that mean the car will not go more that 20mph in a 20 or 30 ect
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

That shouldn't apply to the UK.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

They are trying to fight it but it looks like it’s going through. The same as a new law has come in about charging cars at home not the 3 pin granny charger but the 7kw home chargers if you buy from the 1st of July they have a feature that will not charge at peek times to try and take less of a load on the grid. I’m lucky my Hypervolt I bought back in February does not have it but if I want to I can contact Hypervolt to force a software update to make it happen which I’m not going to.
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post