Why does my new Tucson forget settings?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Mine did the 'normal' reset just now. I've got the latest firmware in it, so that's not cured anything. However, I did notice one difference. Normally, I have my Android phone plugged in and I unplug it and remove it before locking the car. This time, I left the phone plugged in and locked it all up. Came back, and it had reset itself.

So, I will continue to play - but it's one point on a graph.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

madowl

Post by madowl »

Not done it for ages but today it did.
Refuelled a week ago and checked daily but today on first startup the mileage had zeroed and the air con was off. Didn't get the T & Cs message though and retained my usual choice of map display on startup.

Anyone found a solution for this yet? I have the latest updates installed.
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Mine did this for the first time yesterday. It was refuelled, driven for 7 miles then parked for about 36 hours. Next start up the air con was on 22 degrees and the since-refuelling trip had reset (not showing the 7 miles anymore). Accumulated trip was still retained and I haven't gone through everything else.

I think the settings linked to my profile in Bluelink have been retained.
madowl

Post by madowl »

Now seems to wipe the "since refuelling" figures and turns off the air con daily. Anyone know of an email for Hyundai technical as this seems to be a software/sensor issue which needs sorting.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Mine did it twice today. First time when I started the car after it being sat there for a week (I'd been on holiday). I then drove it to the garage (1.5 miles) to fill up, which reset it as normal). I then drove it another 4 miles and stopped. When I restarted it after an hour, it had reset again.

I will inform my dealer of this issue, but I don't think there's anything they can do - I think it's a Hyundai problem which needs a firmware update.

Oh - it also turned my Android Auto off as I was playing an MP3 file. No idea why. My phone thought it was still connected, but the car didn't. Unplugged and replugged the phone and all was well again.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Al94

Post by Al94 »

Strange one today, headed out and realised clock was 3 hours 20 minutes fast and day and date was 2 days ago! Had to manually correct.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

I've had this issue once so far in just under 2 months. Air con reset to 22 degrees and all the displays reset themselves.
Trim/Engine: 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 N Line S 5dr 2WD Auto
Order date: Dealer stock order 25th August 21
Build completion: 9th Feb 22
Arrived Tilbury: 16th Feb 22
Arrived into dealer: 24th Feb 22 (original date on paperwork 22 Dec 21)
Pick up: 2nd March 22
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

I too have had one instance of clock not showing the right time and one reset to 22 degrees. Seems unexplained why this happens and hopefully a software update will resolve it.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

If you think of this problem logically, it looks like the module or something that keeps the memory stops and resets itself.
Could this be the small 12 volt car battery not getting power to the unit or a power surge or the unit itself faulty.

this has to be a recall, so if everybody notifies Hyundai they will have to do something about it.

Jools
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
old man

Post by old man »

I haven't really followed this thread as I thought my car wasn't doing it, but today I noticed my aircon had changed itself to 22 degrees and I then realised this wasn't the first time.
I wonder if it's a timeline thing, but I can't think of a sensible reason this is happening.
Has nobody contacted Hyundai technical yet, as they (in theory) should know or can find out if this is meant to happen ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post