Why does my new Tucson forget settings?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I've emailed my dealer with the issues and pointed them at this forum posting.

Also today, 3 times, my Sat Nav decided I was about 300 yards to the right of where I really was. Plus Android Auto cut off a couple of times.

It's not good

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

old man

Post by old man »

alan sh wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:41 pm I've emailed my dealer with the issues and pointed them at this forum posting.

Also today, 3 times, my Sat Nav decided I was about 300 yards to the right of where I really was. Plus Android Auto cut off a couple of times.

It's not good

Alan
Due to my natural impatience and the need to know, I've just contacted the Hyundai chat line (who can rarely answer questions) explaining the problem. The have passed this on to Hyundai Customer Contact centre, who have already acknowledged my contact and will pass this on to the appropriate dept. I did include a link to this thread, but the bloody chat line doesn't allow the inclusion of links, so maybe I'll get the chance to show it to the appropriate dept when I receive contact.
Using this method has worked for me twice since I bought my car, but of course, there's no guarantee they'll have an answer for our current problem.
I'll post when I get a result.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

My garage contacted me this morning and said they had seen this a couple of times and that a new firmware update had cured it. So, maybe there's an 'engineers' firmware that we don't see - or maybe the latest update didn't install properly. In either case, I will let them do an update on the 12th May when it goes in - and report back on any progress (or not).

Alan
Alan

Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
old man

Post by old man »

alan sh wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:53 am My garage contacted me this morning and said they had seen this a couple of times and that a new firmware update had cured it. So, maybe there's an 'engineers' firmware that we don't see - or maybe the latest update didn't install properly. In either case, I will let them do an update on the 12th May when it goes in - and report back on any progress (or not).

Alan
That sounds encouraging, fingers crossed it works.
From experience with Kia a few years ago, I know that dealers are given updates that they can apply to cars if the need arises, I assume it's still the same nowadays.
old man

Post by old man »

Whilst awaiting a reply from Hyundai I phoned my dealer. The service receptionist hadn't heard of this problem, but got my car booked in for tomorrow to "have a look at it".
Today I got a reply from Hyundai and here it is.
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us via webchat yesterday to express your concerns surrounding air conditioning issues and fuel consumption problems.

I have raised this with our Technical Team who have advised that the best next course of action would be to check if the update you have installed in your vehicle is the latest available. If not, this update can be actioned by your local Hyundai dealership or by using the following link: https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/Main

The latest updates are for mapping data and also include bug fixes for A/C and other AVN issues reported.
I thought I had the latest update installed when I took delivery of the car but having looked at the link, I see there's been a couple of recent sat nav updates, but no mention of anything else.
I was tempted to try an update myself, but as the car is already booked in, I'm going to let them do it. If the update cures the ills I might not notice immediately as I'm a low user, but that will change in 10 days when I take the car on holiday.
Fingers crossed :D
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

The latest for the Hybrid is 11th Feb 2022. I've done that one and it has not cured the problems I am seeing. It may be that it needs to be redone by the garage, but I thought I'd followed the instructions.

Alan
Alan

Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

I have sent an email to my dealership about settings being reset/changed without input from the driver. I received a prompt response saying that the issue wasn’t known by their service team but they have passed it on to Hyundai technical. I picked my car up on 31 March and was informed it had the latest update. They said they would let me know if a further update would be forthcoming.
old man

Post by old man »

My car has been into the dealers today, who have discovered that I already have the latest update and there are no others available. So we're going to have to live with these glitches until enough owners complain to Hyundai and make them take enough notice to sit up and find a fix.
I have written to Customer Services today to tell them there is no current fix and to pass this on to Technical. Everyone else who has the same issues should do the same, otherwise there'll never be a fix.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I think that will happen to mine too. But there is a new update due out next month, I am told.
Alan

DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

I also notice today that if you choose a different user at startup, then go back to your user, not all of the settings are remembered
I love my car, it's just a shame it was made by Hyundai

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post