Why does my new Tucson forget settings?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
roadster

Post by roadster »

Mar10 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:26 pm I’ve only had my Tucson for a day now but mine never seems to remember any settings. I spent some time last night editing the driver profile and making some changes to some settings. Today it’s back to ‘Driver 1’ and all the settings reset. My air con doesn’t just go back to 22 degrees, it defaults to all being switched off.

I love the car but I hope they get this sorted pretty quickly, seems like a big oversight that settings aren’t saved / retained.
I've suggested this before but probably worth repeating. Try using the backup facility on the Bluelink phone app. This should allow you to restore your profile settings. I've used it once after an update changed everything, but I'm not sure it will restore a profile which has completely disappeared because it happened to me before I took my own advice and hasn't happened since.
Tucson PHEV Premium

madowl

Post by madowl »

After the June update I actually did 390 miles (about 16 engine starts) before I had the settings problem occur. Could just be coincedental of course.
old man

Post by old man »

madowl wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:09 pm After the June update I actually did 390 miles (about 16 engine starts) before I had the settings problem occur. Could just be coincedental of course.

If you're reading the other threads that relate to this problem, the problem isn't about distance or time travelled, its more about how long the car is standing idle where unseen elements deplete the 12V battery e.g. the alarm system.
It would seem that the 12V battery that runs the electronics doesn't have a large enough capacity and when that capacity gets low, the system shuts off various settings. Whether that is preprogrammed or a fault in the software is yet to be determined.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
madowl

Post by madowl »

old man wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:21 pm
madowl wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:09 pm After the June update I actually did 390 miles (about 16 engine starts) before I had the settings problem occur. Could just be coincedental of course.

If you're reading the other threads that relate to this problem, the problem isn't about distance or time travelled, its more about how long the car is standing idle where unseen elements deplete the 12V battery e.g. the alarm system.
It would seem that the 12V battery that runs the electronics doesn't have a large enough capacity and when that capacity gets low, the system shuts off various settings. Whether that is preprogrammed or a fault in the software is yet to be determined.
Old Man appreciate that may be a possible cause but I had it happen around the end of May. This was on a 140 mile journey. I stopped for a comfort break about half way and in that 10/15 minutes the air con had turned off and miles since refueling had zeroed.
old man

Post by old man »

madowl wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:39 pm

Old Man appreciate that may be a possible cause but I had it happen around the end of May. This was on a 140 mile journey. I stopped for a comfort break about half way and in that 10/15 minutes the air con had turned off and miles since refueling had zeroed.
If you read through this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=440&p=4453#p4453 you'll see the stage we're currently at with certain elements of the electronics resetting to default or OFF. The problem appears to emanate from the small capacity of the 12V, but this is guesswork on our part. The problem is now known by Hyundai and they're looking into it.
Your clock problem may be completely unrelated to the other resets we are experiencing.
At present these reported incidents on here appear to confined to the HEV models, which model do you have ? If you don't have a HEV, yours might be a different problem, so it might necessitate a visit to your dealer.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

madowl wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:39 pm Old Man appreciate that may be a possible cause but I had it happen around the end of May. This was on a 140 mile journey. I stopped for a comfort break about half way and in that 10/15 minutes the air con had turned off and miles since refueling had zeroed.
Were you sat in the car during the comfort break?
With or without the radio on?

It seems that just having the car unlocked for a while can trigger this!
madowl

Post by madowl »

old man wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:26 pm
madowl wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:39 pm

If you read through this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=440&p=4453#p4453 you'll see the stage we're currently at with certain elements of the electronics resetting to default or OFF. The problem appears to emanate from the small capacity of the 12V, but this is guesswork on our part. The problem is now known by Hyundai and they're looking into it.
Your clock problem may be completely unrelated to the other resets we are experiencing.
At present these reported incidents on here appear to confined to the HEV models, which model do you have ? If you don't have a HEV, yours might be a different problem, so it might necessitate a visit to your dealer.
Yes aware of the info in other threads but after aprox 70 miles the 12v should have been fully topped up.
madowl

Post by madowl »

jarvis wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:57 pm
madowl wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:39 pm Old Man appreciate that may be a possible cause but I had it happen around the end of May. This was on a 140 mile journey. I stopped for a comfort break about half way and in that 10/15 minutes the air con had turned off and miles since refueling had zeroed.
Were you sat in the car during the comfort break?
With or without the radio on?

It seems that just having the car unlocked for a while can trigger this!
No car locked, nothing left on.
madowl

Post by madowl »

Seems to be happening less now but still an issue.
Had an email questionnaire frome Hyundai today so mentioned it in comments and emphasised that everyone with the HEV seems to have this problem and reports started a year ago.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

madowl wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:30 pm Seems to be happening less now but still an issue.
Had an email questionnaire frome Hyundai today so mentioned it in comments and emphasised that everyone with the HEV seems to have this problem and reports started a year ago.
Me too
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post