Annoying

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Scotsman

Post by Scotsman »

Had my Tucson Ultimate Phev for a few days now. Love it so far. DSG gearbox easily as good as VW one on my Ateca. However two annoying things. Firstly, electronic tailgate! I was at a EV charger today which was position almost central in car parking space, as I stood keying in details on the touchscreen of the charger. I must have been within a few feet of the rear of my Tucson and stood for more than 3 secs which meant tailgate kept opening ! So I close it and turn to key in card number and it opens again. What a pain.
Second complaint bis not Tucson related but a moan at how poor charging infrastructure is. More than 50% of public chargers I have tried don't work. Saying that I am currently averaging 78 miles per gallon and used barely any petrol and I have found a free charger which allows me to get to work and back at near zero fuel cost.

DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

The auto lift boot can be disabled in the settings. Then just use the button or fob to open and close.

I feel your pain with chargers, try zap-map app.
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
Tucron

Post by Tucron »

If you unlock the car the tailgate will not open
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Thanks for the tip DrElectron this has happened to me a few times so might disable it. I also use Zap Map as it gives information around broken chargers which can save a wasted trip.

As for the charging points OP I couldn't agree more. Many broken ones and on top of that many don't have type 2 connectors.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey