Replacement battery

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Towbar2

Post by Towbar2 »

Good afternoon,

I need to get a replacement battery. My Tucson is a 2016 2.0 Diesel SE Nav Auto. Most of the battery websites want to push me towards an AGM battery. I was under the impression that AGM batteries were primarily for cars with stop/start. Which mine does not have.

Can anyone advise if the original battery in my Tuscon is AGM. There is no indication on the label. It states it is a CMF 90L BCI. It has a flat top, which I read somewhere indicates it is an AGM battery.

I don't want to skimp on the battery but wondered if a standard or EFB battery would suffice. For info my Tuscon often stands unused for weeks on end. I only use it for towing a caravan.

Grateful for any advice.

roadster

Post by roadster »

The type of battery is probably is not critical but you should match the Amp.Hours value which represents the overall storage capacity and also match or better the CCA value which represents the ability to crank over a cold engine which is particularly important for a diesel. In your circumstances it would be wise to invest in an intelligent battery charger/maintainer which will keep the battery in good condition provided you either leave it permanently connected or at least put the car on charge every few weeks.
Tucson PHEV Premium

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post