Using built in sat nav abroad

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Berty

Post by Berty »

I'm off to France as well from Ireland and..............my previous comment went missing so if it comes back and this is also here apologies for duplicate................

I have tested both the Nav in the car and didn't need to change any country, just typed in location and off it went. I have also tested the Bluelink App and it is just as good and sends the route to the car. I prefer Google Maps myself using Android Auto but have tested both in case I have signal issues in parts of France I'm visiting(I know you can download offline maps in Google Maps but I prefer to see Traffic using it).

Unless of course you need a Software update. I got my car 2 weeks ago and I downloaded and Installed the Software update the day after picking it up. I cannot remember If I tested the NAV before the update but I just tested it there to send me to Paris and it takes me on a whirlwind journey through Wales and England to get there, seems it doesn't know about the direct Ferries.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV

old man

Post by old man »

it takes me on a whirlwind journey through Wales and England to get there, seems it doesn't know about the direct Ferries.
Your Journey was done in stages, as was mine, so I entered each destination separately which worked fine.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Berty

Post by Berty »

old man wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:21 pm
it takes me on a whirlwind journey through Wales and England to get there, seems it doesn't know about the direct Ferries.
Your Journey was done in stages, as was mine, so I entered each destination separately which worked fine.
Yes, although I'd never use the final destination in such a manner. When I head for France I don't want to see my arrival time in the Campsite but want to see the arrival time of my various destinations. I will not go direct from home to the Ferry, will stop for Lunch(Sailing is 4pm), then Ferry Port(overnight 13hrs with Cabin), then in France destination will be a Supermarket, then Campsite.

I don't know about anybody else but I have been watching Youtube Videos on "Ferry to France" as I grew up going to UK and France on camping holidays so I still remember the adverts "Your Holiday starts when you step onboard/aboard". I even now pivoted to watching people VLOG on their trips on both Ferry and Channel Tunnel. I've been on both and watching the videos so much I swear I can navigate Dover Port now with a blindfold.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
wixandy

Post by wixandy »

Just got my N Line today, and initial thoughts are that my 2018 SE Nav had better, as you can select the country which eliminates multiple results.
N Line in Shadow Grey collected 24.03.23
old man

Post by old man »

wixandy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:45 pm Just got my N Line today, and initial thoughts are that my 2018 SE Nav had better, as you can select the country which eliminates multiple results.
A day is hardly long enough to get used to it, give it time. The sat nav in the new Tucson is much better than in a previous Santa Fe I had.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
wixandy

Post by wixandy »

old man wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:40 pm
wixandy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:45 pm Just got my N Line today, and initial thoughts are that my 2018 SE Nav had better, as you can select the country which eliminates multiple results.
A day is hardly long enough to get used to it, give it time. The sat nav in the new Tucson is much better than in a previous Santa Fe I had.
True, just an initial thought…
N Line in Shadow Grey collected 24.03.23