EV Charge points

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

OK, so owning a PHEV continues to be a massive learning curve. Went to visit family yesterday in Filey, a small town on the East coast. When we arrived we thought we'd head out for a coffee. To my surprise not a single EV charging point is listed on any of the location apps in Filey. Closest one was at a Primrose Valley Holiday Park) which charges £2.50 per hour. :o I don't know how that compares to using the engine but at over 1 1/2 hours to charge from 15% I'm guessing there wouldn't be much in it. The next closest was a Maconalds, great I thought, perhaps that might kill an hour while I get some charge back into the battery! I pulled up swiped my card took a plug and thought mmm that doesn't look familiar. I replaced and tried the one at the other side and again didn't recognise the connector. It turns out Macdonalds have partnered with Instavolt who on their website state they only use CCS & CHAdeMO sockets which I had never heard of. So that knocks being ever to us a Maccy D's on the head unless things change. Next we picked Tesco in Scarbrough for a coffee as they were listed as having charge points. Eventually we found the charge points in the underground car park and hooray they were type 2! :D So we head off upstairs for a coffee only to find they don't have a cafe, doh! :lol: So we grab a few groceries we needed and proceeded back to the car and perhaps waited 20 mins until the battery had reached 43%. At this point we gave up and went for a coffee and a slice of cake at a sea front cafe. :D
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post