ISLA speed limit change

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
stojced

Post by stojced »

Hi,

Waiting for my Tucson to arrive, and not sure based on documentation, can someone tell me if ISLA can automatically set the new speed limit on SCC based on traffic signs without manually pressing up or down button on each new speed limit change?

Tnks

madowl

Post by madowl »

stojced wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:05 pm Hi,

Waiting for my Tucson to arrive, and not sure based on documentation, can someone tell me if ISLA can automatically set the new speed limit on SCC based on traffic signs without manually pressing up or down button on each new speed limit change?

Tnks
ISA can be set to decellerate slowly when your speed is above the road sign picked up by the camera or indicated by sat nav by checking the option in settings and enabling SCC. Even with this set you can overide it by operating the accellerator. Warnings will sound.
So, presumably, if you set SCC to 70 mph or above the system will slow to match the roadsign and also speed up if you pass into a higher limit.
stojced

Post by stojced »

Tnks. By the videos I watched it looked like you need yo press up/down button on steering wheel to accept new speed limit from road signs from camera, and that looked not so practical to me. But if you have tested it than they didn't explain it good enough.
madowl

Post by madowl »

stojced wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:57 am Tnks. By the videos I watched it looked like you need yo press up/down button on steering wheel to accept new speed limit from road signs from camera, and that looked not so practical to me. But if you have tested it than they didn't explain it good enough.
No not tested it. I presumed because of the information on the TomTom website and motoring features on the subject.
Went intending to try it but traffic and opportunity wasn't there.
stojced

Post by stojced »

Tnks a lot. Pls write back when you will have chance to test it. No rush, I have time till my car arrives :)
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

I know that with adaptive cruise control on I was on the motorway with it set at 70 mph and approached road works, sign showed 50 mph the ACC reduced the speed to 50mph and you could feel the car slowing once past it reverted back to 70 mph
stojced

Post by stojced »

NoTwOld wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:54 am I know that with adaptive cruise control on I was on the motorway with it set at 70 mph and approached road works, sign showed 50 mph the ACC reduced the speed to 50mph and you could feel the car slowing once past it reverted back to 70 mph
Just one question, did you had navigation turned on during that time? Since as I could see on videos if it is navigation based instruction to change speed than it is done automatically, but if it is based only on road signs than it needs driver to confirm with button up/down.
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

Yes Nav on
stojced

Post by stojced »

NoTwOld wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:23 pmYes Nav on
Tnks. Who knows if navigation was updated with this reduced speed, or car slowed down due to traffic signs :(

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post