Auto Hold and Sat Nav questions

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
old man

Post by old man »

On previous cars the Auto Hold stayed on until I switched it off. In the Tucson it reverts to OFF when the ignition is turned off and on again. Is there any way to keep Auto Hold engaged permanently ?

Next is the Sat Nav. I have hardly used it yet, but I notice that the voice command for a right or left turn comes too late and I'm actually passing the turning when the command occurs. I've looked to see if I can find a setting to alter this, without success. Anybody know if the voice command can be altered to provide more warning ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

madowl

Post by madowl »

Mine is a HEV n line s and the sat nav gives enough warning. There is a option to see the satellites maybe your connection needs a reset.
Auto Hold didn't stay "on" in my last 3 cars (MG, Skoda, Toyota) you always had to switch it on. However I only used it in built up traffic so was not a problem.

Further to your sat nav question I have been unable to get audible speed camera warnings. The cameras appear on the map but no warning. I have set it in the settings for 100 yards and have bluelink running but not wifi (it says it works with either). Anyone else have this problem?
old man

Post by old man »

Thanks for the reply madowl, It occurred to me after you'd answered that the two turnings where I got the late warnings are very new junctions and although they do show on the mapping, maybe the mapping isn't up to date enough.
I'll have to take more notice when approaching longer established junctions.
old man

Post by old man »

Thanks for the reply madowl, It occurred to me after you'd answered that the two turnings where I got the late warnings are very new junctions and although they do show on the mapping, maybe the mapping isn't up to date enough.
I'll have to take more notice when approaching longer established junctions.
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

@old man, have you updated to the latest (Nov 21) Maps and Firmware?
old man

Post by old man »

richarde wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:02 am @old man, have you updated to the latest (Nov 21) Maps and Firmware?
Yes, my dealer did it before I took delivery recently. I'd also downloaded them from the Hyundai website ready to install in the car if the dealer hadn't done it.
xtrailman

Post by xtrailman »

Auto hold remains on with both the new Sportage and my 2019 Tiguan.
old man

Post by old man »

xtrailman wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:31 pm Auto hold remains on with both the new Sportage and my 2019 Tiguan.
It did with my Kodiaq and the Santa Fe that preceded it. I don't know why Hyundai have changed it, especially if the Sportage sister car stays on.
C'est la vie I guess. ;)
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Auto hold didn't stay on with my 2017 Santa Fe Endurance, or on my new Tucson Ultimate. It's a shame as I really wish it did.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
madowl

Post by madowl »

Yorkie wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:25 am Auto hold didn't stay on with my 2017 Santa Fe Endurance, or on my new Tucson Ultimate. It's a shame as I really wish it did.
Strange how we get used to different ways. I only ever use auto hold in queueing traffic and prefer the creep function. Would also rather the EPB engaged on park or ignition off as well as my last 3 cars did this and I forget to engage it now.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post