Ultimate vs N Line S

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
apoc101

Post by apoc101 »

Hi all

I'm in the process of ordering a new Tucson and I'm unclear on the difference between Ultimate and N line S spec. I understand that the N Line is a more sportier spec (similar to amg line for Merc and M sports for BMWs) but what about differences in spec? the configurator on Hyundai website is unhelpful. All I can work out is cloth vs leather seats and possibly no rear seat heating on the N Line S? Any other differences?

I look the overall exterior look of the N line but don't want to miss out on any options which would be standard on the Ultimate.

Many thanks

DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

With a bit of digging on the Hyundai website you should be able to find a PDF with the full specs of each trim level in a table.
I love my car, it's just a shame it was made by Hyundai
madowl

Post by madowl »

apoc101 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:53 pm Hi all

I'm in the process of ordering a new Tucson and I'm unclear on the difference between Ultimate and N line S spec. I understand that the N Line is a more sportier spec (similar to amg line for Merc and M sports for BMWs) but what about differences in spec? the configurator on Hyundai website is unhelpful. All I can work out is cloth vs leather seats and possibly no rear seat heating on the N Line S? Any other differences?

I look the overall exterior look of the N line but don't want to miss out on any options which would be standard on the Ultimate.

Many thanks
Go on the hyundai website, select brochure at top right, select Tucson.
Nearly at the bottom of the PDF you will see the trim levels of features/equipment listed side by side for all models
Ram man

Post by Ram man »

I had to make this choice too, the n line S doesn’t have heated rear seats, vented seats, rear collision I think, none of which I cared about. Also doesn’t have electric adjustable seats which I would have like!
The reason I went for n line S is the wheel arches are painted! On the ultimate they are black Matt plastic! I have that on my transit van….yuk!
I prefer the half leather seats, the black headliner too.
Oh and that silver bit above the rear doors is gloss black, front and rear bumpers and spoiler are slightly different.
The wife wanted the ultimate! But I just couldn’t get over that Matt black plastic! Lol
Hope this is of some help :)
old man

Post by old man »

It's all very much down to personal preference, but I'm in the same camp as Ram man here. I wanted to avoid the plastic trims, which not only look a bit cheap, they're hard to keep looking pristine.
The only thing that I would have wanted on the Ultimate was the electric seats, but I was willing to forego those in favour of losing the plastic. There was nothing else that would have persuaded me to part with extra money for an Ultimate.
Again it's personal, but I think that any spec other than N Line can look a bit plain. I have the N Line S in black and it's been attracting very favourable comments, the downside being, I have to keep it clean :( .
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

I ordered the ultimate but ordered the dark night grey to blend in the grey plastic fenders,i orders the ultimate for the electric seats and leather was a better choice for me but this is my personal choice. As the Tiguan I have has got Alcantara seats which is nice but as they are a light grey is a bugger to maintain.
but there are plenty of Youtube videos to show you what to use, sonax being the best but very hard to get.

Jools
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

I went for the ultimate as I much preferred the design of the alloy wheels over the N Line S
old man

Post by old man »

Wychwood wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:38 am I went for the ultimate as I much preferred the design of the alloy wheels over the N Line S
Ah yes, i forgot about the wheels. They are a fussy design, although I think they match my black car well.
I've cleaned the car once so far and discovered that a pressure washer doesn't easily remove dirt from the black parts of the wheels. I shall have to use a brush next time, but I think the wheels will benefit from a coating of something that will prevent dirt clinging to them as much.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

I'm with ram man and old boy here to as well. But in reality it is all down to personal taste etc. I much prefer the sporty look enhancements of the exterior of the N Line Series. The N Line S had the majority of specifications that I wanted (apart from BVM camera system) so was happy with this pick. I to was really fussy about the plastic wheel arch trims and do much preferred them matching the body paint. The wheels I believe match the edgy angular look that the N Line portrays so for me were not a problem. As Old man says cleaning them will be another story though!!!! But I do intend to have the car Ceramic Coated along with the wheels to keep cleaning down to a snow foam wash & rinse etc.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

I went with the Ultimate as the ventilated leather power seats were a must. Had them in my previous Hyundai and couldn't go back. It actually made my search for a new car restrictive as so few models have ventilated seats as an option. As for the plastic trim it really doesn't bother me and prefer the more rugged look in many ways. As others have said a lot will be personal preference.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post