Ultimate vs N Line S

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
TheSurgeon

Post by TheSurgeon »

madowl wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:05 pm
apoc101 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:53 pm Hi all

I'm in the process of ordering a new Tucson and I'm unclear on the difference between Ultimate and N line S spec. I understand that the N Line is a more sportier spec (similar to amg line for Merc and M sports for BMWs) but what about differences in spec? the configurator on Hyundai website is unhelpful. All I can work out is cloth vs leather seats and possibly no rear seat heating on the N Line S? Any other differences?

I look the overall exterior look of the N line but don't want to miss out on any options which would be standard on the Ultimate.

Many thanks
Go on the hyundai website, select brochure at top right, select Tucson.
Nearly at the bottom of the PDF you will see the trim levels of features/equipment listed side by side for all models
There is no side by side specification sheet on the .pdf, i may have just ordered the wrong spec.

focusy

Post by focusy »

The ultimate has vented seats memory seats, electric adjustable seat, along with leather and a few safety features, We had the same dilemma when we ordered we knew we wanted plug in, but when we looked at the nline s v,s. The ultimate it was fundamentally sport against luxury, however we opted in the end for the standard nline as the main features. Between the two was nice to have but not main everyday usage, then the nline vs nline s we opted for the lesser spec as it was over 3 k different for electric tailgate, and a few other small additions, but put us over the 40k so luxury car tax applied,

It’s hard to decide and I feel your pain, I feel Hyundai has missed a trick with the pricing of the specs as the luxury tax is a joke. With the constant rise in costs.

Good luck with your decision, as everyone said on the forum when I was deciding, there is no right ot wrong answer to which spec, it’s what fits your budget and what you enjoy….. I’m sure you’ll like the car e what ever the decision
madowl

Post by madowl »

TheSurgeon wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:58 pm
apoc101 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:53 pm Hi all

I'm in the process of ordering a new Tucson and I'm unclear on the difference between Ultimate and N line S spec. I understand that the N Line is a more sportier spec (similar to amg line for Merc and M sports for BMWs) but what about differences in spec? the configurator on Hyundai website is unhelpful. All I can work out is cloth vs leather seats and possibly no rear seat heating on the N Line S? Any other differences?

I look the overall exterior look of the N line but don't want to miss out on any options which would be standard on the Ultimate.

Many thanks
Nearly at the bottom of the PDF you will see the trim levels of features/equipment listed side by side for all models
There is no side by side specification sheet on the .pdf, i may have just ordered the wrong spec.
Yes there is connect, premium, n line s and ultimate side by side.
TheSurgeon

Post by TheSurgeon »

madowl wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:05 pm

Do you have a screenshot please? All i see is a short of list of just a few differences.
madowl

Post by madowl »

TheSurgeon wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:21 pm
madowl wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:05 pm

Do you have a screenshot please? All i see is a short of list of just a few differences.
You're right they took it out of the brochure but it is still on the main webpage here https://www.hyundai.co.uk/new-cars/tucson
Just scroll to the bottom
NLineS

Post by NLineS »

focusy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:21 pm The ultimate has vented seats memory seats, electric adjustable seat, along with leather and a few safety features, We had the same dilemma when we ordered we knew we wanted plug in, but when we looked at the nline s v,s. The ultimate it was fundamentally sport against luxury, however we opted in the end for the standard nline as the main features. Between the two was nice to have but not main everyday usage, then the nline vs nline s we opted for the lesser spec as it was over 3 k different for electric tailgate, and a few other small additions, but put us over the 40k so luxury car tax applied,

It’s hard to decide and I feel your pain, I feel Hyundai has missed a trick with the pricing of the specs as the luxury tax is a joke. With the constant rise in costs.

Good luck with your decision, as everyone said on the forum when I was deciding, there is no right ot wrong answer to which spec, it’s what fits your budget and what you enjoy….. I’m sure you’ll like the car e what ever the decision
100% correct on the pricing structure when you take into account that it's near enough standard to get at least a £2K discount on the list price. Do away with the £2K discount, reduce the list price and more cars would be sold.
nickems

Post by nickems »

I have to agree with yorkie I have had rental cars in USA with ventilated seats and found them a godsend in hot weather Not used them yet but definitely will be .Whilst the plastic wheel arches can be a pain if you have a dark colour car such as my Dark Night they blend in perfectly.
I also love the sunroof which can help to keep the car cool instead of using expensive a/c. Not sure if the n line comes with sunroof
You pays your money and takes your choice
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

The N Line S comes with a panoramic roof. Not really been the weather to test it fully (but it does make the interior feel nice and airy), or the vented seats I guess.
old man

Post by old man »

richarde wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:42 am The N Line S comes with a panoramic roof. Not really been the weather to test it fully (but it does make the interior feel nice and airy), or the vented seats I guess.
The N Line S doesn't come with vented seats - only the Ultimate.
Also, the sunroof won't open if you have roof bars fitted - beware!!
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

old man wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:12 pm
richarde wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:42 am The N Line S comes with a panoramic roof. Not really been the weather to test it fully (but it does make the interior feel nice and airy), or the vented seats I guess.
The N Line S doesn't come with vented seats - only the Ultimate.
Also, the sunroof won't open if you have roof bars fitted - beware!!
Correct, it does not!
I guess the sunroof not opening is a safety feature?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post