Keyless Entry?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
old man

Post by old man »

I've now tested Bluelink at a range of over 10 miles and it reported the cars location correctly. It does need the authentication number to update the position.
That's great, thanks for posting this. :D
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

stojced

Post by stojced »

Does someone tested if key is emitting the signal if it is not moved for a certain period of time, for ex, when you leave it at home ?
old man

Post by old man »

stojced wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:51 pm Does someone tested if key is emitting the signal if it is not moved for a certain period of time, for ex, when you leave it at home ?
If you have keyless entry you can test this yourself. Place a stool or something else right beside your car door and lay your key fob on it.
Leave it there for a few minutes without touching it and then try to open the door using the little button on the door handle. If the door won't open the fob has gone to sleep and has stopped emitting a signal.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Thanks this is great news :D :D
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
stojced

Post by stojced »

old man wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:15 pm
stojced wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:51 pm Does someone tested if key is emitting the signal if it is not moved for a certain period of time, for ex, when you leave it at home ?
If you have keyless entry you can test this yourself. Place a stool or something else right beside your car door and lay your key fob on it.
Leave it there for a few minutes without touching it and then try to open the door using the little button on the door handle. If the door won't open the fob has gone to sleep and has stopped emitting a signal.
I'm still waiting for my car, that's why I asked if someone else tested it.
mah006

Post by mah006 »

stojced wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:21 pm
old man wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:15 pm
I'm still waiting for my car, that's why I asked if someone else tested it.
Just tested it & after 3 minutes it still opens the car :(
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
mah006

Post by mah006 »

Tested it for 5 minutes it still opens the car, so its safe to say the key does not go sleep :(
Last edited by mah006 on Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
stojced

Post by stojced »

mah006 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:44 pm Tested it for 5 minutes it still opens the car, so its save to say the key does not go sleep :(
Or it have sleeping disorder so it needs one hour to go into sleep mode, or needs eye covers since it is light outside :) when I get mine will try longer periods, for ex. 15 or 30 minutes.
old man

Post by old man »

No staying power you lot ;)
Just been out and tested mine and was intending to give it ten minutes to see if the fob fell asleep.
I got talking to a neighbour whilst outside so ended up leaving it for 34 mins. The fob had certainly gone to sleep after that period and the door would not open via the little button.
Gave the fob a small shake after that and the door then opened via the little button.
The only thing I can't tell you, is how long it actually took for the fob to fall asleep.
I will still keep my fob in a tin though, just to be on the safe side.

I think people with the early versions of the current Tucson should test this for themselves as I got the impression (maybe wrongly) from the salesman at my dealership that the fob going to sleep might be a recent phenomena.
Last edited by old man on Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stojced

Post by stojced »

old man wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:43 pm No staying power you lot ;)
Just been out and tested mine and was intending to give it ten minutes to see if the fob fell asleep.
I got talking to a neighbour whilst outside so ended up leaving it for 34 mins. The fob had certainly gone to sleep after that period and the door would not open via the little button.
Gave the fob a small shake after that and the door then opened via the little button.
The only thing I can't tell you, is how long it actually took for the fob to fall asleep.
I will still keep my fob in a tin though, just to be on the safe side.
Great tnks a lot! So we know that key go to sleep mode, just need to find out if it is 15 min or 30 min, or somethin in between. Not sure why Hyundai is not publishing this information.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post