Keyless Entry?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi all just a quick question the Tucson comes with keyless entry.

My neighbour got his Range Rover stolen from his drive Saturday morning.
his Cctv captured everything .

Does Tucson have the same Technology as the Range Rover or ford fiesta as I cannot find the Tucson on the top 10 stolen car list.

Or does the car have some sort of security that the key has to be in the car of sort?

Jools
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022

madowl

Post by madowl »

joolstdi wrote: ↑Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:15 pm Hi all just a quick question the Tucson comes with keyless entry.

My neighbour got his Range Rover stolen from his drive Saturday morning.
his Cctv captured everything .

Does Tucson have the same Technology as the Range Rover or ford fiesta as I cannot find the Tucson on the top 10 stolen car list.

Or does the car have some sort of security that the key has to be in the car of sort?

Jools
TBH the devices the criminals use does exactly that. It relays or stores the signal emitting from your key to gain access. The car believes the key is near.
Keep your key in a metal box or signal safe slieve when at home. Some manufactures considering other methods but don't think any have yet.
mah006

Post by mah006 »

All keyless car make are vulnerable to this type of attack.
Range Rover's & other top brands are targeted by professional thieves
Some manufacturers have keyless keys that can be turned off but sadly Hyundai do not have this feature
Best way to protect your Hyundai is purchase a Faraday box to put your keys in overnight & maybe a very good steering lock device
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
ashm

Post by ashm »

This is how my 2019 Tuscon was stolen in late November, and hence why I have a new car on order. All keyless entry cars (that can't be turned off) are vulnerable to this problem. So it didn't deter me from ordering a new Tuscon.
Once I get me new car, the keys are going in a faraday box. As well as investing on a steering wheel lock. Also considering having a ghost immobiliser fitted. I've already put cameras where my car was parked. Just want to create as many detterants as possible and make it hard for thieves. If you've gone through what i have, you'll understand. πŸ˜….
Ordered: Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver
Order date: 30th December 2021 (Dealer had on order since late October)
Original estimated pick-up date: 21st March 2022
Picked-up: 4th April 2022
old man

Post by old man »

Hyundai do not have this feature
According to my dealer last week, Hyundai are catching up and are building in a "go to sleep" feature which stops the fob emitting a signal when the fob has lain dormant for a short while.
It might pay to contact Hyundai technical to confirm this, but some other makers have been doing this for at least a couple of years.
I've been keeping my keys in a Faraday bag for 4 years now, but they do wear out over time and stop working, as I discovered recently.
I now keep our keys in a metal box that blocks any signals when at home, but anyone trying this should check their box is actually blocking the signal. Of the 3 I tried, only 1 worked.
A way to find out if your fob has the "go to sleep" feature, is to lay the fob on the ground next to your car for a minute and then try opening the car door using the little button on the door handle.
If it won't open your fob has gone to sleep, so cannot by read by thieves when it's laying static in your house.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
roadster

Post by roadster »

On the upside Bluelink will allow you to track the car until the thieves vandalise the electronics. My keys are in a tin box whenever in the house.
Tucson PHEV Premium
old man

Post by old man »

roadster wrote: ↑Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:24 am On the upside Bluelink will allow you to track the car until the thieves vandalise the electronics. My keys are in a tin box whenever in the house.
Although I'd seen reference to Bluelink I was given no info about it when I picked my car up. Upon your mention above, I've downloaded the app to my phone.
Am I correct in thinking that Bluelink won't locate your car if it's more than 3 miles away ?
roadster

Post by roadster »

old man wrote: ↑Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:49 am
roadster wrote: ↑Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:24 am On the upside Bluelink will allow you to track the car until the thieves vandalise the electronics. My keys are in a tin box whenever in the house.
Although I'd seen reference to Bluelink I was given no info about it when I picked my car up. Upon your mention above, I've downloaded the app to my phone.
Am I correct in thinking that Bluelink won't locate your car if it's more than 3 miles away ?
I don't know but I'll test it once there is a sunny day and my two wheelers are a better travelling option. I assume that there is an embedded sim card in the car and the subscription is provided FOC for the first five years. I don't see why that would be limited to 3 miles but maybe I am being optimistic.
Tucson PHEV Premium
old man

Post by old man »

roadster wrote: ↑Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:26 am
I don't know but I'll test it once there is a sunny day and my two wheelers are a better travelling option. I assume that there is an embedded sim card in the car and the subscription is provided FOC for the first five years. I don't see why that would be limited to 3 miles but maybe I am being optimistic.
I've got this (bad) habit of skipping over stuff when I'm researching if it's not exactly what I was looking for in he first place. I'm almost sure I skipped over something yesterday that mentioned the 3 mile limit and it was to do with data and privacy laws.
From our point of view, a 3 mile limit is probably worthless in the event of the car being stolen, but I get the impression the find your car facility is more for, if you forget where you parked the car.
roadster

Post by roadster »

roadster wrote: ↑Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:26 am
I've now tested Bluelink at a range of over 10 miles and it reported the cars location correctly. It does need the authentication number to update the position.
Tucson PHEV Premium

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post