Keyless Entry?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
stojced

Post by stojced »

Just found following in the manual:

"If the smart key is not moved for some time, the detection function for smart key operation will pause. Lift the smart key to activate the detection again."

So again no info how long is "for some time" :(

Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Could this mean that if the key is effectively asleep, then the key can’t be scanned/cloned?
stojced

Post by stojced »

richarde wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:49 am Could this mean that if the key is effectively asleep, then the key can’t be scanned/cloned?
It looks so, old man tested with his key and he confirmed that after 34 minutes he couldn't open the door without first moving the smart key.
But it is best if you test yourself to be sure.
old man

Post by old man »

richarde wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:49 am Could this mean that if the key is effectively asleep, then the key can’t be scanned/cloned?
That's exactly what it means. Some mainstream manufacturers introduced this feature at least 3 years ago to combat scanning, but it would seem that Hyundai lagged behind.
As stojced mentioned though, better to try your own fob as I don't know if this feature came with the latest model Tucson from the start, or whether it was introduced later.
I still err on the side of caution though and keep my fob in a signal blocking tin and if you leave your fob in an environment where it might get disturbed and reawakened, then doing the same could be a good idea.
I used to use a Faraday bag, but they tend to wear out and become ineffective as I discovered recently.
I have no data to back this up, but I'm assuming car theft has increased due to lack of cars available (Covid), so I feel that protecting my fob is a sensible idea. I hate the idea of my car being stolen in normal times, but if it were stolen now, it could take months to get a like for like replacement.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Can you recommend a blocking tin?
old man

Post by old man »

richarde wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:59 am Can you recommend a blocking tin?
Anything you have hanging around that blocks the signal. I have my fobs in an old Quality Street tin, which works. I tried a couple of others with ill fitting lids which didn't work, so be sure to test whatever you find.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post