Alarm system

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Rossandjet

Post by Rossandjet »

Although I have not yet taken delivery of my car, there is one thing that I have concerns about and that is the coverage of the alarm system inside the car. for instance:
If some one broke a window, would the alarm sound when the main alarm is activated. If, the cabin is covered, can and how can it be turned off as my wife often likes to sit in the car with the door locked if I have left the car in a busy area, and I often, leave my dog inside the car on his own. I hope you get what I mean.
Thanks

Colin-C

Post by Colin-C »

The internal alarm is a bit of a pain to be honest, there is a setting in the setup to disarm it but that setting only applies to that lock cycle i.e. it is re-activated once the vehicle has been unlocked then locked again. There have been suggestions on here to cover the sensors to disable the alarm but then it will never work!

I've not found a way around it, there is also a rear seat sensor which will play havoc if you have a dog bounding about but you can at least disable that one in the settings and it is a permanent fix.
old man

Post by old man »

My Tucson doesn't arrive until next week, but many cars have similar systems nowadays. On a previous Skoda, pressing the lock function twice on the key fob disabled the internal alarm, so try that. The owners handbook should tell you how to disable it as well.
If it works, you have to do it each time you lock the car when you want to disable the internal alarm.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
old man

Post by old man »

Another thought occurs to me regarding your wife wanting to lock the doors when sitting in the car.
All the cars we've owned recently have had a button located somewhere on the centre console or door which you can press to lock/unlock the doors from inside the car. The same system locks the cars doors once you go beyond approx 15mph if the function has been enabled in the settings.
I assume the Tucson will have the same system and if so, all your wife has to do is press the lock button and this shouldn't activate the alarm system.
Perhaps you can teach your dog to press it as well ;)
Rossandjet

Post by Rossandjet »

Many thanks for your replies and I will try them all WHEN!!!!!! I get the car. I have downloaded a PDF version of the Tucson handbook, but as yet I have found nothing.

One thing I do know, at the new car hand over the salesperson is going to have to show me !!

Thanks Again
old man

Post by old man »

at the new car hand over the salesperson is going to have to show me !!
Hmmm, I wouldn't rely on that. My experience is that sales people don't know as much about tech as we'd like them to.

Is the PDF version of the handbook a UK version as opposed to an American one ?
If so, you you post a link to it please ?
Big S

Post by Big S »

Colin-C wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:35 pm The internal alarm is a bit of a pain to be honest, there is a setting in the setup to disarm it but that setting only applies to that lock cycle i.e. it is re-activated once the vehicle has been unlocked then locked again. There have been suggestions on here to cover the sensors to disable the alarm but then it will never work!

I've not found a way around it, there is also a rear seat sensor which will play havoc if you have a dog bounding about but you can at least disable that one in the settings and it is a permanent fix.
What Colin-C says is the only way to leave your dog or wife in a locked car as I put it to the test today. As for double clicking key fobs or pressing a switch on the centre console or dash, this won't work and there is no switch.!!!
Its just the way Hyundai has made their alarm system operate. I think they have overlooked the fact someone or a dog would be left in the car with doors locked. The same will apply if you leave sunroof tilted or a partial window ajar to keep the temperature down in the summer, as this alarm is very sensitive!!!!!
Rossandjet

Post by Rossandjet »

Sorry OLD MAN it is the American version.

Well, there's nothing else for it then, I'll shoot the dog and divorce the wife. or maybe!!!!! Mmmmmm

Thanks again
old man

Post by old man »

Sorry OLD MAN it is the American version.
Drat !!
Rossandjet

Post by Rossandjet »

This was the answer I got back from the Hyundai Customer Query centre.

"Unfortunately, when customers require to turn the internal alarm off in case they leave their dogs in the vehicle we do have to warn customers it does turn off the alarm system for the entire vehicle."

As a last resort, I intend to have a chat with a Hyundai service/ repair center foreman. I reckon if anyone knows it would be him. Unfortunately, this is an absolute must for me and is going to result in canceling my order. But not without a big bang.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post