Tow bar fitment for 2022 Tucson N Line S hybrid 230bhp

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Email I had from customer service say 1600 but I just found in my hand book 1350, so they must have changed this recently to 1600. But it does say to tow after you have done 1200 miles

34A514D5-4606-4ED4-9E76-0C34A0D2E9F9.jpeg

Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022

paddyt0

Post by paddyt0 »

But it does say to tow after you have done 1200 miles
do you mean you should put 1200 miles in the clock before you start towing anything?
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Yes hyundai ask you to break in the engines before towing a heavy load.
There are also plenty of light weight caravans under 1350 if you look for them.
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
focusy

Post by focusy »

Jools, you done 151 posts and not one is the photos of you new car in gallery so we can bask in its glory, bad by you, naughty step :-P
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

IMG_4295.jpeg

This today after its been ceramic coated :D :D
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
old man

Post by old man »

Finally bit the bullet and had a tow bar fitted to my N Line S.
It was a 2 hour job by a local mobile fitter, I have exactly the same tow bar as Jools with dedicated electrics and the cost was £775.
The beauty was that that the wiring just plugged into sockets that are situated behind the nearside interior wheel arch cover on the N Line, so no need to run wiring through the car to a fusebox.
The job entailed semi removal of rearmost, outer wheel arch trims. Loosening both wheel arch liners. Removal of both upper rear light clusters. Removal of complete bumper inc lights.
Removal of plastic trim where the rear hatch catch is and removal of n/s interior wheel arch liner.
It was somewhat nail biting watching the fitter strip the rear end of the car away and even more so when I saw he was using metal ended trim removal tools.
Luckily he's fitted hitches to the latest Tucson before inc the N Line, so all went well as far as I saw.
I've found no scratches or other damage as yet, but there were two trim fixing plugs left on the drive, so fingers cross nothing falls off or rattles.

The N Line bumper requires a small section cutting out from the underside which is not visible afterwards.
Last edited by old man on Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Similar experience to myself. (Removable towbar) Although I’ve noticed the wheel arches and rear bumper doesn’t quite fit as flush as they did before…
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Mine was done by a fitter recommended by my dealer. I didn't watch it, but everything looks fine and it fits well.

Although it's a removable one, I leave it on all the time - if someone drives into the back, they will come off worse!
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

alan sh wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:38 pm Mine was done by a fitter recommended by my dealer. I didn't watch it, but everything looks fine and it fits well.

Although it's a removable one, I leave it on all the time - if someone drives into the back, they will come off worse!

Same. Dealer quoted nearly 1K! They pointed me in the direction of a fitter they send customers to. Paid just over £600 inc electrics.
old man

Post by old man »

Alan
I did that on a previous car for the same reason. My shins actually came off worse :(
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post